Gimme a Break! All-Star Edition - Sat 5th of November

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Little Evil

Gimme a Break! All-Star Edition - Sat 5th of November

Post by Little Evil »

What the hell are the ‘Gimme All-stars’ you may well ask?
No, it’s not a bunch of us DJ’s dressed up as the Harlem Globetrotters, shooting hoops - it’s something completely different.
The Gimme All-stars is a celebration of the incredible team of amazingly talented DJ’s that have graced the booth with their beats and decknological skills at Gimme a Break! over the last two years, making Gimme one of the most dynamic, original, respected and esteemed independent Breakbeat parties across the nation.

Check out the Line-up.........

Guyno with MC Wasp
Little Evil
Shifty-Sly
Ferris
Shane Ford with MC Dr Sponk
Snowie
Filta
Lucid Visuals (On the ‘God Machine’ mega screen)

Sadly, this will be the last ever Gimme a Break! party at Brown Alley, as we have decided it’s time for a bit of a change.
All the same, the Gimme crew can not speak highly enough of management and staff at Brown Alley, who have been nothing short of helpful, courteous and accommodating.
We wish them all the best, and hope that the punters will continue to rock out on it’s floors for a good long time to come, as it is a wicked venue - one of Melbourne’s finest.
Sincerely guys - thanx for all your help. We really loved playing your venue, as it is a fantastic place to play and party at, and we will always be eternally grateful for you allowing us to be there.

The Gimme Crew will be having a well earned rest for a few months after the ‘All Stars’ party, but early next year we will be back again in force.
New venue is secured, international acts are being negotiated, new ideas are being put forth, and Gimme will be back with a vengeance.
So before then, make this last party at Brown Alley the biggest one yet, and come down to show your support for the Gimme crew, rock out with our loyal band of punters, and show your respect for the amazing team of people at Brown Alley that helped us make it all happen in 2005.
We look forward to seeing you there for this one last slam-dunk, with fat beats loud enough to shatter any back-board!

One more note: It's also DJ Guyno's birthday on this night of nights, so lets help him celebrate his 21st in style. Bring as many presents as you can, give them to me (Evil), and I will make sure Guyno gets them at an appropriate time - we'll see how we go after I've done my rounds of the pawn shops. :lol: :lol:

Saturday 5th of November @ Brown Alley (Cnr of King and Lonsdale Streets Melbourne)
Flat $10 entry.
Doors open at 11pm, and Gimme go’s until 6am. Backdoor recovery continues on from then until late Sunday afternoon.

For info, please get in touch on.........

[email protected]

See you on Sat 5th of November!!
Last edited by Little Evil on Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lynt

Post by lynt »

Crazy, two nights leaving Brown Alley!

Good luck with the new joint! :smt023
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Great to see Filta on the line-up again!
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
lynt

Post by lynt »

lucas wrote:Great to see Filta on the line-up again!
WORD!
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

lucas wrote:Great to see Filta on the line-up again!
You aint wrong.
Everyone on that line-up can play like a champ, and that's why Gimme kicks SO much ass, and will continue to do so for a long time to come.
Filta's a wicked DJ, and for the first time will be doing something different from the warm-up.
He just had a hand reconstruction, so hopefuly he's ok by then. :D
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Good luck with the move boys.. i personally need a break from Brown Alley and are looking forward to going somewhere new :D

Guyno have an awesome birthday mate. I can't make it to Gimme :cry:

Would love to have you and the family over for dinner tho if your keen 8)

Hi Drew :smt006
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

Will definitely be down to celebrate the big man's birthday.

Drew - we're due for a brew, been too long... 8)
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

stovequeen wrote:Good luck with the move boys.. i personally need a break from Brown Alley and are looking forward to going somewhere new :D

Hey Fiwi! Bummer you ainto coming down, but will see you again soon no doubt! :D
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

great_magnet wrote:Will definitely be down to celebrate the big man's birthday.

You are definately right sir!! Maybe this weekend would be a good time to down some of the elixr of the Gods? :D
mecka

Re: Gimme a Break! All-Star Edition - Sat 5th of November

Post by mecka »

Little Evil wrote: One more note: It's also DJ Guyno's birthday on this night of nights, so lets help him celebrate his 21st in style.
You have to be joking. .. he's joking right? right? right.
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

mecka wrote:
Little Evil wrote: One more note: It's also DJ Guyno's birthday on this night of nights, so lets help him celebrate his 21st in style.
You have to be joking. .. he's joking right? right? right.
No, Guyno is 21 - He's just had a really hard life. :smt003
mecka

Post by mecka »

:smt082
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

Little Evil wrote:
great_magnet wrote:Will definitely be down to celebrate the big man's birthday.

You are definately right sir!! Maybe this weekend would be a good time to down some of the elixr of the Gods? :D
No can do this weekend my good man, will have to be at Gimme itself!!
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Little Evil wrote:
stovequeen wrote:Good luck with the move boys.. i personally need a break from Brown Alley and are looking forward to going somewhere new :D

Hey Fiwi! Bummer you ainto coming down, but will see you again soon no doubt! :D
Yep.. sorry.. can't be helped.. im out of town 8)

I'll be there for sure when you move to your new home tho :D
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Ok, your both forgiven.
Will take you up on that beer at the next Gimme GM, and I'll see you soon Miss Fiwi!!
:D
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

outta town too - have a good one fella's, and happy birthday Guyno! :D
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Direktor wrote:outta town too - have a good one fella's, and happy birthday Guyno! :D
Your soft Direkt - ya big purse!! :D :D
marcus

Post by marcus »

The last gimme at BA and I'm going to be stuck inside studying! FARKEN! :(

Have a big one without me, and look forward to catching up with y'all when i get back from overseas :D .
Stylus Radio :: Every 2nd Sunday :: 6-8pm AEST :: http://www.nsbradio.co.uk
Guyno

Post by Guyno »

Lynt and Lucas - triple word on the Filta front. Love that dude, nothin' but stylin beats from that badman. :wink:

Fiwi - Would love to catch up for dinner soon. Haven't seen yawl in a while. :smt058

Mecka - Don't sound so suprised bro! :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah, fair nuf, denial is a luxury I no longer afford myself!

Director - SOFT You know I love ya though man. :wink:

GM - Big ups Sundee barbies. :smt023 and Brb and Sammy and Min.

I'd also like to thank the gang down at the legendary BA. Much respect going out to Baz, Tully, Danni, Erin, Dan the security man and all security crew in general and last but definately not least the truly awesome cat that goes by the name of Steve. Much love and respect to ya mate. You're a diamond geezer of epic proportions!!! Keep up the good work and thankyou so much for all your help and support over the last year.

Has truly been a pleasure to work alongside the BA crew and will be spending many a weekend to come getting nicely fucked up with the Alley cats. 8) Thanks for having us. :D
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Guyno wrote: I'd also like to thank the gang down at the legendary BA. Much respect going out to Baz, Tully, Danni, Erin, Dan the security man and all security crew in general and last but definately not least the truly awesome cat that goes by the name of Steve. Much love and respect to ya mate. You're a diamond geezer of epic proportions!!! Keep up the good work and thankyou so much for all your help and support over the last year.

Has truly been a pleasure to work alongside the BA crew and will be spending many a weekend to come getting nicely fucked up with the Alley cats. 8) Thanks for having us. :D
Yes, you guys have been fantastic. Guyno has summed it all up in the paragraph above.
Steve - your a champ of the highest order. Glad we've all become mates through working together, and looking forward to seeing your dreadlocked head at Earthcore!! Guyno and I will rock it on the Sunny stage, and do you proud my man! :D
Last edited by Little Evil on Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
menace

Post by menace »

[quote=]

Sadly, this will be the last ever Gimme a Break! party at Brown Alley, as we have decided it’s time for a bit of a change.

][/quote]

wicked !!! :smt026 :hello1: :D looking foward to getting out of brown alley !! NICE!!
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

So where's the new venue? :wink:

We were thinking of moving to the place that holds the r'n'b superclub, cuz we heard so many great things about it, but we play a different style of r'n'b than they do. I think you guys would go down a treat though. :D

Good luck with the move though, boys. BA is a great venue and the staff are great. The decision to move would of been a hard one for you, as it was for us, but I'm sure wherever you go will be better for it.

Gimme Rocks!!!

8)
yenks

Post by yenks »

sad to see no gimme for a few months :(

will have to party hard at this one !! :smt005

interested to see what the new venue will be tho
SHIFTY

Post by SHIFTY »

Gimme All Stars, Guyno's Birthday, Last Gimme @ BA all the ingredients to one hell of a party gonna need time off work after this one :smt026 :smt020 :smt118 :smt030

wicked line up too

evil has made the battel cod very angry :smt097
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

last Gimme @ BA and The Guynosaurus' birthday

:shock:

look tha fuck out

:smt030 :smt033 :smt020 :smt030 :smt030 :blob6: :smt117 :smt030 :smt078 ........and repeat
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
deviant

Post by deviant »

Nice one......

Will be there fo' sho' :)
deviant

Post by deviant »

lynt wrote:Crazy, two nights leaving Brown Alley!
What's the other one?
marcus

Post by marcus »

deviant wrote:
lynt wrote:Crazy, two nights leaving Brown Alley!
What's the other one?
See obliveus's post :wink: .
Stylus Radio :: Every 2nd Sunday :: 6-8pm AEST :: http://www.nsbradio.co.uk
type_raver

Post by type_raver »

Awww man, last one for the year??! :(
Well its gonna be a corker! If theres one track request that i want then here it is....

Guyno, this is your style of track, i dont care how you get it, what format (CD, Vynil, digital).

DROP THIS TRACK:

The prodigy - Voodoo beats (From Their law-The Singles 1990-2005 bonus cd).

It suits your style and its a rockin breaks track!!

Oh, and please :D
gnat

Post by gnat »

Hi Drew and Guyno :smt006

Long time no see..

Another huge party planned I see.
Thanks for asssiting me with curbing both my behaviour and spending.. :roll:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

ok.. malfunction.. got my dates wrong.....

Count me in now :D
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

It's been far too long since I've enjoyed the Gimme vibe - count me in.

Oh, just realised it will be after the aLive party - apologies in advance for my messiness
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

quiet roar wrote:It's been far too long since I've enjoyed the Gimme vibe - count me in.

Oh, just realised it will be after the aLive party - apologies in advance for my messiness
:smt006 sup?
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

Hey there, neighbour :smt006

It will be good to party with you again, too :smt033
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

quiet roar wrote:Hey there, neighbour :smt006

It will be good to party with you again, too :smt033
Werdage... cupboards are full if your hungry btw 8)
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Been looking forward to this big time, What Guyno's turned 21, shit get him a wheelchair, comfory slippers and the papper ! Nah we'll just have to get him drunk and party like there's no tomorrow. Big ups to the Gimme Crew, The Allstar event s is going to ROCK :wav: :smt020
Guyno

Post by Guyno »

Obliveus - New venue, The Middle Hotel, Upper Ferntree Gully :lol: :lol: :lol: TBA Ya gonna love it! :wink:

BrB - and repeat...... GOLD!

Type Raver - Will do my bestest bud but I gotta say I got a crateload of new and old(but new for me) stuff in the last few weeks from all round the planet so I reckon you're gonna go off yer freakin' nut regardless. :wink:

Hi Gnat - :smt006 :smt058

Stovie - :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 I'm glad you're a bit date dyslexic. 8)

The rest - Think big black dog.......... :twisted:
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Guyno wrote:
Stovie - :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 I'm glad you're a bit date dyslexic. 8)
Sorry.. got so much on at the moment.. my heads a bit :smt101

so happy i can make it :smt040
SHIFTY

Post by SHIFTY »

Pretty much finished moving house now got my decks and assorted other noise making machines set back up, now its time for the neighbours to have an extremely sharp increase in the amount of hard breaks they listen too ha ha ha :twisted: :headbang: :smt097
wasp

Post by wasp »

oh-oh! This sounds like it could be one for the photo album (so to speak)! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gonna b a bit sad wit no gimme for a while... :cry: .. definately my most frequented breaks night of the past 2 years (and with bloody good reason!)

Bring on da ill, and/or crazy, type llama badness (or something).... hmmmm might have to practice up on my mic skillz 4 ya b'day Guynotron.... why is it that i keep forseeing myself being sick in said alley when i think of this MASSIVE party? :smt028 :smt030 :smt029 :smt078 :smt028
Guyno

Post by Guyno »

wasp wrote:hmmmm might have to practice up on my mic skillz 4 ya b'day Guynotron....
I got a feelin' you'll be aight Waspman :wink: ..... No practice required for an emcee of your obvious capabilities. Let the dribble swing! :smt034
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

wasp wrote:oh-oh! This sounds like it could be one for the photo album (so to speak)! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yeah Waspy - wear that little pink number you have, the one that shows off your legs. :smt003
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

the one that looks like this..........

Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

This looks rad, pump up the jam, pump it up! Well, maybe not jam..... :roll:

Gunna miss you lot at Brown Alley, :( but im sure you'll rock the new joint as if it were the kaspar.

G man's bday?!?!?! NIIICE - look the fark out! :smt003

much love
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Hey, Drew! Will these peeps be coming again? If so, keep em off the door this time...

deviant

Post by deviant »

^^^

Oh my, that is the worst photo I've ever seen
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

deviant wrote:^^^

Oh my, that is the worst photo I've ever seen
Tell me the dude in the middle doesn't look like a cross between Drew and Howard. :lol:
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Yeah, what a pisser that is. :lol: :lol:
Dracula's kids having a night out on the town.

This geezer looks like a cross between you and Scotrod after banging his head against the 'ugly wall' for a week or two.

:smt003

Actualy, sorry, let me re-phrase.......
He just looks like a cross between you and Scotrod. :smt005
Brain

Post by Brain »

[Mod Edit: Removed]
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Little Evil wrote:Yeah, what a pisser that is. :lol: :lol:
Dracula's kids having a night out on the town.

This geezer looks like a cross between you and Scotrod after banging his head against the 'ugly wall' for a week or two.

:smt003

Actualy, sorry, let me re-phrase.......
He just looks like a cross between you and Scotrod. :smt005
I'd be offended if it came from anyone other than you.