Foundation Stepper - Collectors' Set

Post links to mixes here.
FoundationStepper

Foundation Stepper - Collectors' Set

Post by FoundationStepper »

glitcheddubbypostjungleebasscapesandelectronicdeivations

One of those play whatever you want gigs - where they really mean it and i did play whatever I wanted. Many good records got an airing and it was so much fun.

Pushing 2hours 10 minutes

Artist listing:

aphasic, aphex twin, christoph de babalon, disrupt, dj c, dj/rupture, donato wharton, eoss, filastine, gai/jin, ghost, hrvatski, illyah & ltd. candy, iso brown, istari lasterfahrer, jahtari riddim force, larvae, nettle, normaa, panda! go panda!, ras amerlock, rats with wings, reomini, resinate, rude and deadly, strategy, team shadetek, the bug, venetian snares…

http://www.croakinglizard.com/audio/fou ... t_192k.mp3
Collectors' Set wrote:Collectors' Set presents a weekly variety showcase evening at The Recorded Music Salon, rounding up an eclectic selection of local musicians and DJs accompanied by a great cocktail list.

Some performers may choose to experiment with their line up and instrumentation to fit the environment and DJs will enjoy the rare opportunity to dig deep into their collections and deliver sets that transcend the pressures of the dance-floor.

Collectors' Set aims to create intimately unique listening experiences involving the guitar slinging, keyboard clinking, vinyl spinning music merchants of Melbourne town.
Thanks to the crew who popped down to check.
enigneyratorelknaw

Post by enigneyratorelknaw »

Was perfect listening for my monday at work thanks
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

this is really rather wonderfully enjoyable... nice work man

should i post it on off beat radio?
FoundationStepper

go for it.

last night i deleted one or two tracks in the middle to make it flow a bit better. (i tend to default to dub when i dont know what to play next) the updated tl is

aphasic, aphex twin, christoph de babalon, dj c, dj/rupture, disrupt, donato wharton, eoss, filastine, gai/jin, ghost, hrvatski, illyah & ltd. candy, iso brown, istari lasterfahrer, larvae, nettle, normaa, panda! go panda!, rats with wings, reomini, resinate, rude and deadly, strategy, team shadetek, the bug, venetian snares…
Last edited by FoundationStepper on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoundationStepper

and thanks for the feedbacks!
enigneyratorelknaw

Stepper wrote:
last night i deleted one or two tracks in the middle to make it flow a bit better.
Back in my day we had to mix the whole set from scratch.

It's had a few rotations as is.
FoundationStepper

well blow me over with a feather

4,765 hits in the last week, and i cant see many referrals from anywhere - a hundred or so from here and there, but 2,500 hits in one day at one point - anyone know what kind of referral sites can contribute this much but no show up on google or my servers records?

my server host has warned me that im projected to break my 1tb bandwidth for the month which is undeard of!
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

I admit that in one or two of my sets, where it went terribly wrong on the night, I snipped a few bars, and once removed an entire track. Is that wrong? It's about the ongoing listener experience is it not?
FoundationStepper

yeah, thats it really.

i removed two dub tracks, because, as any artist can tell you (not that being a dj is being an artist), its what you leave out that makes a work stronger

in this case it wasn't about mixing but just the continuity of flow in the whole set.

that said there were already about 4,500 downloads by the time i did it...
Last edited by FoundationStepper on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
enigneyratorelknaw

8)
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

universal sea wrote:I admit that in one or two of my sets, where it went terribly wrong on the night, I snipped a few bars, and once removed an entire track. Is that wrong? It's about the ongoing listener experience is it not?
I spent a while going through one of my mixes doing a few sly edits but end the end gave it up warts and all. I think I learnt a lot form the process and will be more concious of not putting in filler tracks or doing such shonky mixes. Can only get better...