ben cousins

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
menace

ben cousins

Post by menace »

ok ... been readin the newspapers the age west australia ect
what i can understand of the matter ..it was a time bomb waiting to happen and now it has come down to if the, drug test come up positive... he is pretty much finshed with west coast ?... or is the press blowing the matter out of the water or is this just the start of a bigger story ?
it sounds like the football club have been trying to keep a lid on it for a while ..daniel kerr ,chad Fletcher ect.

please fill me ... would like to hear you views on it ..
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

lol.

Oh... I might go and cook up a bomb. Let me see... what do I have in the cupboard...

high testosterone levels, peak physical condition, pressure-cooker training reigimes, a month or two to let off steam, public adoration, the idiocy of youth, fairly unlimited cashmoney and clubs trying to cover shit up.

This happens all the time in the AFL. Cousins will have a career at a club at the end of this. Whether it is with WC will be interesting.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Fents

Post by Fents »

Binge drinker, drug taker, hanging round with mafia boss's...legend. hahaha
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

C.I.A. wrote:This happens all the time in the AFL. Cousins will have a career at a club at the end of this.

:scr1pt:

At least he's not dead.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Add some girlfriend issues CIA...the boy's brokenhearted :smt022
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
gnat

Post by gnat »

he's hot and he's a shonk

perhaps i'll run into him at a club one night
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

:lol: :!:
quick

Post by quick »

:cry:

Be strong Benny, you're a champ, and you'll be back in time for the finals at least...
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

gnat wrote:he's hot and he's a shonk

perhaps i'll run into him at a club one night
You'll have to start clubbing at Crown :P
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Anyone know what drugs he was on?
quick

Post by quick »

panadol
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Isn't there anything decent to report on?

For gods sake - front & back of the herald sun + another double page spread in the sports section

meh - surely there's something more newsworthy
quick

Post by quick »

not in my eyes
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Far out!
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

what a tardface
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Go Eagles.
quick

Post by quick »

huge wrote:what a tardface
fuck you
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

quick wrote:
huge wrote:what a tardface
fuck you
language! 20c for the swear jar.
nic

Post by nic »

Sucked in Ben Counsins you, you, you little manchild.

Who would of thought a young 'alpha male' with such a reputation, career and money would take such things!!! omg.

But really poor Ben getting strung up for this, who really cares. Its his business and so what if a bit of speed was taken before teh game and after and for 2 days follwoing.

Ice is what makes Ben Counsins the talented player he is today.

Hooray Ben and ssuuuuucckkkkked in.

:lol:

fucking footballers and their spastic 2 colured singlets and deformed red 'ball'

go have sum pingash and hug each other
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

Yeah I can't help but smile when I see that shit in the news, I have a deep loathing of AFL 'football' that stems from going to school with people who now play in the AFL who treated me and many others like shit and are now being rewarded for it.

FUCK YOU AFL PLAYERS.

Eat shit cousins, hope you O.D

BTW, we used to call AFL 'football' "pattin' bums" because thats why they all really play it.
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
quick

Post by quick »

bunch of narrow minded fuck wits here some times...
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

quick wrote:bunch of narrow minded fuck wits here some times...
settle, will you?

arguably, saying 'fuck you' to anyone who pays out anyone from west coast isn't too broad-minded either. don't take it so personally, yeah?

(personally? i think he's an idiot. he's taken shitloads of ice, passed out in front of crown while high and got locked up, not bothered to turn up to training, hung out with gangsters, ditched his car and fled from a booze bus, etc. if he was a normal person, that would be dumb, but this is someone right in the public eye, which, like it or not, comes with responsibilities. if he's never had to deal with that because he's always been in an environment where he's not had to take responsibility for everything due to being a phenomenally good player, then that's sad -- really it is -- but it's still his problem, and he's still got to grow up and deal with it.)
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

quick calm down we all know that your little idol is a cock.

Suck shit Mr. overacheving football man.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

so is there a way we can verify that rec. drugs made cousins so dominant last year?

Wonder if he had a few sneaky lines pre Grand Final? If so ... they should give the cup to sydney :teef:
quick

Post by quick »

fooishbar wrote:
quick wrote:bunch of narrow minded fuck wits here some times...
settle, will you?

arguably, saying 'fuck you' to anyone who pays out anyone from west coast isn't too broad-minded either. don't take it so personally, yeah?

(personally? i think he's an idiot. he's taken shitloads of ice, passed out in front of crown while high and got locked up, not bothered to turn up to training, hung out with gangsters, ditched his car and fled from a booze bus, etc. if he was a normal person, that would be dumb, but this is someone right in the public eye, which, like it or not, comes with responsibilities. if he's never had to deal with that because he's always been in an environment where he's not had to take responsibility for everything due to being a phenomenally good player, then that's sad -- really it is -- but it's still his problem, and he's still got to grow up and deal with it.)
Huge knew I would react, I had dinner with him last night and reacted the same way, he did it to get a reaction, it was quite simple.

I'm not saying Ben didn't loose his shit, and fuck up, but as previously said, you give $12000 a week to someone who grew up in a small town in the middle of no where and has been sheltered from the real world by his football obsessed parents since he was young as, and just taught football football football... then shits gonna get a little crazy. And YES he did fuck up... BAD, thats why I'm upset. People have the right to say "He FUCKED Up"

But to say shit like "Eat shit cousins, hope you O.D " is fucken pathetic and narrow minded.

No one here knows him, no one here even knows what has happened beyond media bullshit, so nearly all of this is speculation anyway, just like "he's taken shitloads of ice, passed out in front of crown while high and got locked up, not bothered to turn up to training, hung out with gangsters"

to base an opinion on speculation is also VERY Narrow minded...

and no I wont settle down because this is a huge passion of mine, its the same as if I were to bag the fuck out of someones favorite artist (this someone would have to mean so much to them that they live and breathe what they do, like I do with West Coast), even if they have fucked up.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

quick wrote:But to say shit like "Eat shit cousins, hope you O.D " is fucken pathetic and narrow minded.
:scr1pt:
quick wrote:No one here knows him, no one here even knows what has happened beyond media bullshit, so nearly all of this is speculation anyway, just like "he's taken shitloads of ice, passed out in front of crown while high and got locked up, not bothered to turn up to training, hung out with gangsters"

to base an opinion on speculation is also VERY Narrow minded...
it's all pretty-well documented. 'shitloads of ice' is speculation, sure, but if you read back on realfooty, there was a dude who gave him a lift before he'd passed out at crown. he was shivering and sweating and generally completely freaking out. you don't get that from one too many pints. the gangsters thing is documented also. got gardiner sacked, no? not bothered to turn up to training -- well, he wasn't there on monday.

if you're saying that he hasn't been involved with drugs and that he hasn't done anything shady, then i can't really take you seriously, sorry.
quick wrote:and no I wont settle down because this is a huge passion of mine, its the same as if I were to bag the fuck out of someones favorite artist (this someone would have to mean so much to them that they live and breathe what they do, like I do with West Coast), even if they have fucked up.
if you came up to me, steve, spherix, camo, flippo, anyone and started yelling 'DUBSTEP IS FUCKING SHIT!!! MALA SUCKS HORSE COCK AND N-TYPE IS A TOOL', we'd just shrug and laugh. can't take everything too seriously, or personally. getting agro about the footy fits in at the footy (trust me, i've sat in the geelong social club a fair few times, sometimes with rabid collingwood supporters), but i guess i just expected something more intelligent here.

feels a bit like the port supporter who walked past brogan and said 'you're playing for the wrong team, dickhead', and brogan then punched him in the face. not that i can really blame brogan after months of that shit, but the sentiment's the same. you don't expect it from otherwise intelligent people.
quick

Post by quick »

I'm not saying he hasn't taken drugs or done anything shady, I don't know if he definitely has, or if he definitely hasn't... no one here knows that for sure.

and I'm sorry, but dubstep has been around for how many years? 5? max? I was a member for WCE since 1990 and invested soooo many emotions into them, and I love it... so thats a bad comparison. As I said, you'd have to live and breathe that shit, to that level, to understand (not that I don't think you do, but dubstep is far from that)... plus, it was the 'wishing of harm' to him that I reacted to strongly. As I said, my response to Huge, was only to him, and it wouldn't have been to just anyone.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

quick wrote:I'm not saying he hasn't taken drugs or done anything shady, I don't know if he definitely has, or if he definitely hasn't... no one here knows that for sure.
now you're just in denial, dude. sorry.
and I'm sorry, but dubstep has been around for how many years? 5? max? I was a member for WCE since 1990 and invested soooo many emotions into them, and I love it... so thats a bad comparison. As I said, you'd have to live and breathe that shit, to that level, to understand (not that I don't think you do, but dubstep is far from that)... plus, it was the 'wishing of harm' to him that I reacted to strongly. As I said, my response to Huge, was only to him, and it wouldn't have been to just anyone.
okay, replace the eagles with the cats, then. or anything. my mother.

you don't have to get irrational and start screaming at people. just let it go, doubly so if you _know_ they're just doing it to get a rise out of you. at the moment, the only difference between you and dudes punching on after the game in the stands is that you guys are doing it over the internet, and i'm honestly not sure which is more sad.
quick

Post by quick »

you're blowing this way out dude...

I said "bunch of narrow minded fuck wits here some times..." because of "Eat shit cousins, hope you O.D " which I have explained... so when did I get "irrational and start screaming at people" no screaming, no irrationality... you even :script:ed me for what this is all based on.

But to say shit like "Eat shit cousins, hope you O.D " is fucken pathetic and narrow minded.

This is my point...

and no, I'm not in denial, I said he fucked up several times, go back and read, you'll see, i admit he 'FUCKED UP' but you still don't know shit about what has actually happened, and nor do I.

The 'fuck you' comment, sheesh, how many times do I need to stat, it was a personal thing between 2 people who know each other off this forum... it has nothing to do with this argument.
marcus

Post by marcus »

I needed a good laugh.

:lol:
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

Heh.

I've become and internet trouble maker, sweet!

Admittedly I don't know ben cousins, but it would appear he is the public manifestation of all i dislike about AFL 'football'.

If i offended anyone, that is unfortunate.
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

what a tardface
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
TheBrains

Post by TheBrains »

Like most major sporting codes, supporters have turned AFL players into mini-gods - placing them on a pedestal of unrealistic expectations. We build them up into something they're not, reinforce it with the cheering adoration of thousands and then suddenly we get all pissy when they act like they're above the law.

Why do you think most movie stars are in and out of re-hab? It's because they're normal, everyday people who are so at odds with their external identity that they get really depressed and end up turning to alcohol or drugs or whatever to avoid the feeling of fraudulence.

I have genuine sympathy for people like Ben Cousins who are not able to cope with the cult of celebrity. I can't imagine what it must be like to walk into a room full of strangers who presume to know everything about me because they read a magazine article.

And don't say something daft like "it's the price they pay for fame". This is a societal issue not an individual one. If people didn't have such empty lives they wouldn't care so much about celebrity rubbish like this.

Poor guy.
mrj

Post by mrj »

I agree by and large with what you have said TheBrains, but I refuse to pity him, or give him sympathy.

There are plenty of people who manage to keep their head on straight despite this "cult of celebrity". I don't think we can just completley forget the concept of choice.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
gnat

Post by gnat »

*catalyst wrote:If i offended anyone, that is unfortunate.
i like how you roll lachie :lol:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
lynt

Post by lynt »

Its official.

The internet rules.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

"West Coast may have been woefully inept at dealing with the club's off-field issues and yet it has clearly succeeded in overseeing its champion team's on-field form and discipline — a paradox that has sent the message that you can, in some cases, take drugs, party hard, break the law and still win premierships." - Real Footy

should be more of it
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
quick

Post by quick »

TheBrains wrote:I have genuine sympathy for people like Ben Cousins who are not able to cope with the cult of celebrity. I can't imagine what it must be like to walk into a room full of strangers who presume to know everything about me because they read a magazine article.
well said, he didn't choose stardom, he chose to play footy, which he does pretty well... not everyone can cope with the ammount of attention he would recieve, and he couldn't, and you cant blame him, because some people cant cope without that much attention and pressure, some people suck at every day life activity, and we feel sorry for them, why is Ben different? even though he had it harder???
nic

Post by nic »

he ran away and tried to hide from a 'boozebus'
hilarious idiot
lynt

Post by lynt »

quick wrote:
TheBrains wrote:I have genuine sympathy for people like Ben Cousins who are not able to cope with the cult of celebrity. I can't imagine what it must be like to walk into a room full of strangers who presume to know everything about me because they read a magazine article.
well said, he didn't choose stardom, he chose to play footy, which he does pretty well... not everyone can cope with the ammount of attention he would recieve, and he couldn't, and you cant blame him, because some people cant cope without that much attention and pressure, some people suck at every day life activity, and we feel sorry for them, why is Ben different? even though he had it harder???
Well, by that rationale, I hope you have the upmost sympathy for Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, and you know where I'm going with this.
nic

Post by nic »

Poor britney :(
i always have sympathy for pretty girls
almax

Post by almax »

nic wrote:Poor britney :(
i always have sympathy for pretty girls
so why sympathize for britney :pukeright:

i think quicks right, wishing hurt on someone is a sad jealouse state to be in...tall poppy syndrome?
quick

Post by quick »

lynt wrote:
quick wrote:
Well, by that rationale, I hope you have the upmost sympathy for Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, and you know where I'm going with this.
I certainly dont wish Britney harm, the others I don't care for, I mean what do they do? At least Britney is a performer of sorts...
almax

Post by almax »

Paris performed alright on that video....actually i take it back, shit root answering her phone n stuff sheesh
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

almax wrote:Paris performed alright on that video....actually i take it back, shit root answering her phone n stuff sheesh
Very poor play by her. She took her eyes off the prize, lost concentration, and almost cost that bloke the game.
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

All right stop, read what the papers mention
Ben is back with a brand new suspension
Something grabbed a hold of me tightly
Flew like a drop punt daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I thread the pack with a handball
Light up the G, toke the pipe then demand more
Chance, go chat with underworld goons
I'm smearing my name in the West Coast clubrooms
Deadly when I waste my dope salary
Anything shows in the test it’s a felony
Love it or leave it I never gain weight
I better hit rehab, the kid don't play
If there is a problem yo I’ll solve it
Check out the H while my dealer dissolves it

Ice, ice baby
Been smoking ice, ice baby
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

GM - GOLD!!!!!!!

how are you pal?
quick

Post by quick »

omg... your first post in almost a year and its this garbage... :lol:

love your style GM... but no more :x :P
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

great_magnet wrote:All right stop, read what the papers mention
Ben is back with a brand new suspension
Something grabbed a hold of me tightly
Flew like a drop punt daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I thread the pack with a handball
Light up the G, toke the pipe then demand more
Chance, go chat with underworld goons
I'm smearing my name in the West Coast clubrooms
Deadly when I waste my dope salary
Anything shows in the test it’s a felony
Love it or leave it I never gain weight
I better hit rehab, the kid don't play
If there is a problem yo I’ll solve it
Check out the H while my dealer dissolves it

Ice, ice baby
Been smoking ice, ice baby

I don't have enough words of praise for this masterpiece, that was awesomeness :wink:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive