PROGNOSIS @ Loop - June 18th

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
J0rdz

PROGNOSIS @ Loop - June 18th

Post by J0rdz »

With a mere three successful events under their belts, the Prognosis krew have secured themselves a bi-monthly residency at the infamous Loop (the 3rd Saturday of every second month for those keeping track!).

A sought after venue in it's own right, the last three Prognosis events have seen Loop transformed into a veritable wonderland of delectable auditory mayhem. Playing host to some of Melbourne's most talented DJs, producers and visual artists, Prognosis has shown with only a handful of events that they are a truly unique event worthy of attention. Needless to say that this has shown to be common place and the trend is set to continue come round four on June 18th!

Continuing with their offering of high quality talent, the Prognosis krew have been lucky enough to secure Canadian born Timothy Allan. Now residing in sunny Melbourne Tim has earnt a solid reputation in the EDM scene with a multitude of worldwide top 10 Billboard, DMC and ARIA charting releases and remixes, including multiple tracks which have hit that magical number 1. His remix (now the main mix) of 'The Shrink – Nervous Breakdown' was DMC’s 5th biggest club track in the UK for 2010 and voted 2010′s 7th biggest dance track in the UK by Music Week. How's that for talent?!

Welcoming back to the decks after a one event hiatus, Aaron Static also joins the ranks. Receiving airplay from Markus Schulz, Jaytech, Cid Inc, Sasha Le Monnier over the past few months, Static's notoriety in the EDM scene has been going from strength to strength. Currently knuckling down on production, he's been hard at work putting the finishes touches on one of his biggest releases of the year - Solar Empire. Set to be released on Indigo Records towards the end of June, Static will test drive the high quality Progressive anthem exclusively at Prognosis. Needless to say, for Static and Prog fans alike, it'll be a set not to miss!

Visuals for the evening will be brought to you by VJ Pied Piper, while audio support duties will be handled by LockNLoad front man, Jules Plees, along with young gun and EDM aficionado Insomnia. Oh, and those guys J-Slyde and Simon Murphy might also be around.

LINEUP:
● Timothy Allan (Audio Therapy / Armada )
● Aaron Static (Indigo / Hyline / Spherax)
● Jules Plees (Lock N Load)
● Simon Murphy (Substance / Interview)
● J-Slyde (Substance)
● Insomnia
● With visuals from: VJ Pied Piper

WHERE:
● 23 Meyes Place, CBD

WHEN:
● Saturday 18th June

PRICE:
● FREE!!!!!!!!!!

FURTHER INFO:
http://substancesounds.net
http://facebook.com/substancesounds
http://twitter.com/substancesounds
http://looponline.com.au/
J0rdz

Re: PROGNOSIS @ Loop - June 18th

Post by J0rdz »

Here's a few photos from our last event....
Thanks to ITM's Mike Webster for the photographic talents :)

J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

A bit of info on Jules Plees!

Jules grew up to the sounds of Jason Digby, Arty K, Alex Dyslexia and Captain Turntables of kixx fm, underage metro and the like.He then turned 18, ate a pill and went to some party at the docklands.Reality changed. In early 2001 he bought turntables and taught himself how to mix.Since then he has supported the likes of DJ Tiesto, AvB, Nick Warren, Joof, Gareth Emery and many others.Over the last few years Jules has taken a more underground approach to his style - reliving the glory days of the late 90's and early 00's paying tribute to the likes of Sasha, Oliver Lieb, Breeder, Christopher Lawrence, Tilt and many many more. He currently runs his own night - with a few upcoming internationals heading down - has had a cute little psytrance tune released with friend wavemotion and a few others completed. Kick back and enjoy - this is the way rave was meant to be.

http://soundcloud.com/user38450/jplclubprog
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

Some info on our headliner.... Timothy Allan!

Timothy Allan is a Canadian electronic musician and producer currently residing in Melbourne, Australia. Over the past few years Tim has earned a solid reputation in the EDM scene with a multitude of worldwide top 10 Billboard, DMC and ARIA charting releases and remixes, including multiple tracks which have hit that magical number 1. His remix (now the main mix) of The Shrink – Nervous Breakdown was DMC’s 5th biggest club track in the UK for 2010 and voted 2010′s 7th biggest dance track in the UK by Music Week.

His tracks have appeared on many top labels including Toolroom, Baroque, Audio Therapy, Perfecto, KULT, Armada, Loverush Digital, Play Digital, Vandit, System Recordings, Vicious, Virgin, EMI, Sea to Sun, LDU, Beatgeek, Star69, Segment, Oh! Records, and SmashBang! Records. He’s rocked it live at in Australia at Earthcore, Future Music, Parklife and VFest Festivals, and has had tracks appearing on major television shows, feature films, and CD compilation series around the globe.

Under different guises, he has applied his remix skills to artists such as Empire of the Sun, Dave Seaman & Funkagenda, Ash, Dirty South, Matt Darey, Alex M.O.R.P.H., Faker, Carl Kennedy, Nick Murray, Isaac James, Offer Nissim, Asi Givati, Stereo Soldiers, Pitch Dark, Jason Wolf, Neon Stereo and worked with vocals from Luke Steele, Carla Werner, Kirsty Hawkshaw, Tiff Lacey, Molly Bancroft, and Marcie to name a few.

Timothy was also half of the now disbanded Melbourne based Hong Kong Blondes who, since being signed to Vicious Vinyl, hit the ground running with multiple successful ARIA and DMC charting club tracks. The Blondes remix of “Walking on a Dream” by Empire of the Sun saw a #1 charting on the UK charts and over 30 weeks in the Australian top 15 ARIA club charts. The original subsequently won the ARIA award for Single of the Year 2009 with the album of the same name winning Album of the Year 2009. As if that wasn’t enough, Madonna herself hand pick one of the HKB’s first songs to appear on her 2009 compilation CD “EQ Sessions”.

Not one to keep all his secrets under his cap, Timothy has also released several successful video tutorial series on the finer points of dance music production, from creating the initial ideas to mixing down the final project. These production methods are put in to practice every day at The Mixplant, a Melbourne based mixing/mastering facility focused on electronic dance music where Tim is the head engineer.

At the moment Tim is working on a variety of more underground collaborations, remixes and projects… watch this space!

And here's one of his recent releases on Armada!
http://soundcloud.com/timothyallan/the- ... en-timothy
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

And here's a new mix from Jules Plees to get you in the mood. VERY tasty!

View this on Soundcloud

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?519z5w5j0v2bs5g
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

AusDJForums.com caught up with Mr Allan in the lead up for a quick Q&A.
Good morning, good lunchy and good afternoon, Mr Timothy Allan.

What first sparked your creative juices in the world of DJ'ing and production?

Being a computer geek in the days before internets! Make weird beeps and other noisy stuff was a ton of fun on old computers and tracker programs.

How did it feel when Madonna herself picked one of Hong Kong Blondes tracks for her compilation?

Massive actually. I first found out by getting a call saying that someone had just seen our name in Woman's Day or some mag like that. The mag had done a review of the Madonna compilation and our names were in it, then crazed emails from the label followed as well as lots of high fiving.

What has been your best experience playing at an Australian festival?

Actually being asked to play at the festivals! I played at Parklife and a couple Future Music gigs, none recently though, got to step up my game!

What sort of response do you receive from your video tutorials?

Tons of response actually… and every single one has been good. I get about an email a day or so from somebody somewhere who says they got something out of them, and that they really enjoy them. I've just released Mixing Electronic Music through Groove3, and the support from that has been awesome so far.

Tell us about Mixplant and how you play your role within the company as head engineer

Ahh the Mixplant! It's a company I started about a year ago as a way for aspiring EDM musicians/DJ's etc to get some polish on their tracks without having to practice for 5-10 years. I do mixdowns, mastering and offer 1 on 1 tutorials on anything related to dance music. It's been picking up as word gets out that it's the real deal. There are a lot of 'online' people doing similar stuff, however they basically just run your track through a pirated copy of Ozone and charge you 60 bucks.

What was your reaction to having your track Juicy Double end up on the first ADJF Mixtape Competition album?

It was really cool being picked to be on there, especially as a few of my fellow production chums also got on as well. Sort of an internet based local dance music producer man club. I merely mention that I'm on an ADJF mixture to random women and they throw themselves at me now.

What looms on the horizon? Give us the exclusive!

Well, there's a couple of collaborations in the works with some very busy people which should hopefully materialize soon. The big scoop is that Matt Darey just asked me to do a remix for him which I just agreed to last night actually.

And for the lulz, are you still rocking a mad beard?

Nah, that was an homage to my Canadian brothers last winter. I've since shorn the beard and am now back to the occasional 5 o'clock shadow!
Original article here:
http://www.ausdjforums.com/modules.php? ... pic&t=6168