Spring Racing Carnival

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Spring Racing Carnival

Post by kronz »

So has anybody been? What is it like?

I only know that we get a public holiday for the Melbourne Cup and i presume that the races is full of wankers all dressed up with nowhere to go sitting in their little corporate tents being too cool for themselves.

Having said that i have the oppertunity to go to Stakes day with work. Should i go? Have i become one of those wankers mentioned above?
GO CATS! GO CATS!
marcus

Re: Spring Racing Carnival

Post by marcus »

I'm going. Had a ball each time I've been to the races.

:smt003
Stylus Radio :: Every 2nd Sunday :: 6-8pm AEST :: http://www.nsbradio.co.uk
gnat

Post by gnat »

i've been to cup day and oaks day in the past

good to experience i 'spose. defo thick with wankers and pissed slappers in floral dresses

if you're in a tent it's nais. be sure to wander down to the borgeois area on the lawn though- excellent pissed and passed out, getting reach arounded on rug etc going on. brilliant entertainment

one year i saw a chick passed out in the decidely muddy ground, skirt up with ample thighs on show and her panty liner sticking out of her knickers. lollllllllz best ever spotting. where on earth where her mates?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
marcus

Post by marcus »

gnat wrote: one year i saw a chick passed out in the decidely muddy ground, skirt up with ample thighs on show and her panty liner sticking out of her knickers. lollllllllz best ever spotting. where on earth where her mates?
Yeah I saw something similar a few years back, minus the knickers. Some people are an absolute disgrace...

:lol:
Stylus Radio :: Every 2nd Sunday :: 6-8pm AEST :: http://www.nsbradio.co.uk
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

You'll fit right in Kronz... :teef:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Have been years back... Caulfield Cup, Derby Day etc - had fun at the time.

Expect shitloads of people, young pissheads running amok, disgraceful toilets and overpriced everything. Standard really.

I've been living around the corner from Caulfield for a few years now but have never really taken advantage of it. Shops in the area actually close early on the big race days (Caulfield Cup especially) as there's a lot of drunk dickheads about afterwards.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I went to the Melbourne Cup years ago and was in teh Members Bar area. Some wanker thought some other wanker was staring at his 'missus' so he glassed him and I ended up covered in wanker # 2's blood

good times
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Far out Glenn! That's full on!

The funny thing about the races is how people get dressed up to act disgraceful.

Bogans in flannies and thongs often act with more restraint than some of these suit-wearing types at the races.
mrj

Post by mrj »

Was on a train platform at Flinders St last year when everyone started arriving on the trains from Stakes day. Within about 30 seconds of everyone getting off the train some dude came up and glassed a guy. This from a day referred to as "Family Day".

The fight that broke out was massive, maybe 30 people, including a guy on crutches swinging them at peoples heads. I still have no idea who someone wasn't knocked on to the tracks because it almost happened multiple times.

Its a very social engagement and many people enjoy it, but its not really my scene. I prefer just a few close mates, a sunny day, some choons, and a bit of food and booz. You can keep the crowds, the fights, and the expense.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

haven't been, just seeing the slappers afterwards turns me right off.

couldn't be fucked with getting dressed up, and dealing with drunken crowds etc.

looks fricken shocking the whole thing really.
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

I've never been to the races. When I was at melbourne uni though we always had to work on cup day (not fun after a night out!). I always thought it was amusing to see the chicks in their hats and suited men spill out of cabs on Lygon St as I was going home. Completely pissed and all messy looking to party on.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Has anyone seen the footage of the girl and guy going for it on the lawns at the tail end of the day?

not sure if it's Spring Carnival or not, but there are people all around them everywhere and she's just bobbing away doing her thing.
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

:lol:

"bobbin away doing her thing"

As you do, Lolz.

I went to Darby Day once. I have never seen so many orange chicks in one place... cue shrieking, stumbling around pissed as a fart holding shoes in one hand shocking sunburn blistering up nicely beneath the slipped bra straps or more goose-bumps than a thanksgiving turkey on twits wearing a hanky of polyester and a few dyed chook feathers in their hair on a 14 degree day.

Not really my idea of a good time. Will not go again.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

good fun if you're in a tent, as mentioned above. the day soon gets very messy though, especially if it's sunny.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.