DRUM & BREAKS II - TAYO & NOISIA - 31ST MAR, FRI

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

Shadowgames wrote:boh. i'm excited. how much are door sales, dont know if i'll have time to pre-purchase.
quote for page 3
DEAN G

Post by DEAN G »

Massive respect Roger for changin set times, even if it is only pushed forward half an hour i think this will get a few more of my mates down there!
Curly

Post by Curly »

2.30 is much better, will be there with ya dean G.
Not dissing breaks but I thought Chris Carter and Freq Nasty were very average when they played with Matrix and Zinc respectively. I mean, Freq Nasty was playing Daft Punk for fucks sake!

Will keep an open mind for Tayo though
Rollin

Post by Rollin »

count me in for tonight.... :D
Rock Like This in-conjunction with Darkbeat's 9th Birthday presents:

FREESTYLERS (UK)

GOOD FRIDAY 6th APRIL - BOAT PARTY!!

Check it http://www.billboardthevenue.com.au/GigView.aspx?id=417
Motive

Post by Motive »

Curly wrote:Freq Nasty was playing Daft Punk for fucks sake!
HEAVEN FORBID!!!! BAN! BAN!
:bustedteefcrewrepresent:
:thisspaceavailableforproductplacement:
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

daft punk okay :smt102 :smt019 :oops:
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Curly wrote:2.30 is much better, will be there with ya dean G.
Not dissing breaks but I thought Chris Carter and Freq Nasty were very average when they played with Matrix and Zinc respectively. I mean, Freq Nasty was playing Daft Punk for fucks sake!

Will keep an open mind for Tayo though
Keep an open mind eh?
Don't hate me for house
Curly

Post by Curly »

I like Daft Punk, but it was a crap track and the low point of a boring set.
Luckily Zinc and Klute blew it up afterwards!
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

Curly wrote:I like Daft Punk, but it was a crap track and the low point of a boring set.
Luckily Zinc and Klute blew it up afterwards!
you are the low point of a boring set :teef:
Curly

Post by Curly »

Watch it - me and Dean G will get you naked again! :P
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

Amick

Post by Amick »

2.30 is heaps better
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

Im broke! :sad2:
Amick

Post by Amick »

Scholtzy wrote:Im broke! :sad2:
you're not going? lame!
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

Amick wrote:
Scholtzy wrote:Im broke! :sad2:
you're not going? lame!
Doesnt look good at this point, been stuffed around with work and shit. :tard:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

have fun listening to the same tune with slightly different shmingoids over and over again peeps.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
Joe Seven

Post by Joe Seven »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:have fun listening to the same tune with slightly different shmingoids over and over again peeps.

why bother post this?
quick

Post by quick »

Joe Seven wrote:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:have fun listening to the same tune with slightly different shmingoids over and over again peeps.

why bother post this?
cos its funny... :lol: shmingoids :lol: :lol:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

what about macc all his tunes sound the same.. :wink:
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

I'm all for unity and diversity (even if I'm another boody kiwi in north fitzroy) but I can't justify the expense of a gig like this. props to bring out Noisia, I hope people with stronger armour and more strength than myself make it worth while. Now where's my 16 sided dice, I need more dexterity so thta I can have a quiet mix, watch a DVD and post on forums whilst cookng apple pie and checking on SMS messages.
lynt

Post by lynt »

All music sounds the same if you ignore it. :D
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

the sound of finger on chin can be repeatative too. Sick of it yet?
Zero Hour

Post by Zero Hour »

sAme'0 wrote:
.....wot cause u can actually hear sum work done on the drums..of which he is playing?? Stupid comparison :roll:
Izza

Post by Izza »

The wait is over, this is going to be big. :D
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

Curly wrote:Watch it - me and Dean G will get you naked again!
:shock: don't take the cred for other ppl's work
DBoy wrote:the sound of finger on chin can be repeatative too. Sick of it yet?
yes pipe down you chin strokers :arrow: BRING THE NOISE!!!!!!! (IA)
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

Zero Hour wrote:
sAme'0 wrote:
.....wot cause u can actually hear sum work done on the drums..of which he is playing?? Stupid comparison :roll:
I think what his point was;
Lynt wrote:All music sounds the same if you ignore it.
Zero Hour

Post by Zero Hour »

Scholtzy wrote:
Zero Hour wrote:
sAme'0 wrote: what about macc all his tunes sound the same.. :wink:
I think the point was that A[]O was shit stiring everyone and the only chinstroking I can see here is by others who take it all too seriously.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Joe Seven wrote:

why bother post this?
:script:

Pretty poor Hugh.
quick

Post by quick »

Hardy wrote:
Joe Seven wrote:

why bother post this?

Pretty poor Hugh.
Why? He's not said one bad thing... Rory's right, everyone jumps on comments like this, even though it's only an opinion with a sense of humour.

lol, picture it... chinstrokers sitting back in their chair, deciding whether that comment was too clowny or not... or if that opinion was dropped 3 or 4 times in the previous set, and am I over it yet...

:lol:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

quick wrote:
Hardy wrote:
Joe Seven wrote:
why bother post this?

Pretty poor Hugh.
Why? He's not said one bad thing... Rory's right, everyone jumps on comments like this, even though it's only an opinion with a sense of humour.

lol, picture it... chinstrokers sitting back in their chair, deciding whether that comment was too clowny or not... or if that opinion was dropped 3 or 4 times in the previous set, and am I over it yet...

Yeah I thought it was cute how all the chinstrokers couldn't wait to jump up and bag out some one for being funny, maybe the humour wasn't techy enoughy.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

chinstroke this chinstroke that.

come on. wtf is a shmingoid?? :roll:

:hahaha: at mr beard
www.dubstep.com.au
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

I guess it was just too obscure for to get the joke.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I thought it was all in good humour. :roll:

So, how was the party?
jungle_tactics

Post by jungle_tactics »

DBoy wrote:So, how was the party?
:scr1pt: !?

:cry:
Confucius say

If you spin an awesome bedroom set and no one is around to hear it, did you still spin an awesome bedroom set?
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

DBoy wrote:I thought it was all in good humour. :roll:
:roll:

Congratulations.
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

stfu all of you. you didnt even go :P

caught 30mins of Tayo. some of it was kinda cool i guess :smt102

martijn repped noisia hard. personal highlights were:
noisia - brainstitch (break remix)
noisia - bad dreams
noisia & mayhem - exodus
noisia & teebee - time stops
pendulum - masochist (noisia remix) (lol)
gridlock - bottom feeder
sweet dreams bootleg
new teebee & calyx bits

ImageImageImage

big ups to the prahran house for the hospitality (chris, izza, jimbo) & trish. good times :D
Joe Seven

Post by Joe Seven »

munt beard wrote:
quick wrote:
Hardy wrote: :script:

Pretty poor Hugh.

Yeah I thought it was cute how all the chinstrokers couldn't wait to jump up and bag out some one for being funny, maybe the humour wasn't techy enoughy.
I must of missed the big joke. My point is, why would you post a negative comment about the gig in the promotional thread?

Fine, everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion. You may even think that yours is witty and clever, good for you, but this a public forum, and it is used as a promotional tool by people who have invested time and money into bringing acts to melb. If you dont like the music, dont go, and let people who dont know the music decide for themselves.
jungle_tactics

Post by jungle_tactics »

Joe Seven wrote:
munt beard wrote:
quick wrote: Why? He's not said one bad thing... Rory's right, everyone jumps on comments like this, even though it's only an opinion with a sense of humour.

"but this a public forum"
And as such is open for PUBLIC discussion, if you want to have a closed
medium then as for a locked thread or advertise.

I'm not saying that I wish for everyone to bag out a gig that any promoter
has worked on long and hard, but its called freedom of speech, you only
draw more attention to the fact that it was posted by replying and having
a big hissy fit over what looked to me to be one mans opinion. :roll:
Confucius say

If you spin an awesome bedroom set and no one is around to hear it, did you still spin an awesome bedroom set?
konk

Post by konk »

such a lovely night. And such a nice selection of music! :D :D
flippo

Post by flippo »

Joe Seven wrote:
munt beard wrote:
quick wrote: Why? He's not said one bad thing... Rory's right, everyone jumps on comments like this, even though it's only an opinion with a sense of humour.

I must of missed the big joke. My point is, why would you post a negative comment about the gig in the promotional thread?

Fine, everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion. You may even think that yours is witty and clever, good for you, but this a public forum, and it is used as a promotional tool by people who have invested time and money into bringing acts to melb. If you dont like the music, dont go, and let people who dont know the music decide for themselves.
:monkey:
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

Joe Seven wrote:
munt beard wrote:

what if people want to hear about whether something is worth shelling out hard earned cash for, not that this was the case with AO's joke, but surely a forum is the perfect vehicle. why should promoters get immunity over punters. just cause some one spends heaps of money bringing through an act, doesn't justify no criticism. and if the gig is worth going to people will, and did, and that just makes any poster who is complaining look like a whinger.
I wonder if there are cock smokers, I mean chin strokers in the comedy industry? bound to be nassayers everywhere, even Jesus had his doubters, doesn't stop people going to church in droves, and he hasn't had a white label release for quite some time.
Joe Seven

Post by Joe Seven »

jungle_tactics wrote:its called freedom of speech, you only
draw more attention to the fact that it was posted by replying and having
a big hissy fit over what looked to me to be one mans opinion. :roll:
Thanks for letting me know. I say again, why does "one man" think that anybody wants to know their negative opinion on an act thats playing?

how does this help?

why dont you pick up the phone and talk to your mates about how shit (X) is? why post it in a thread that is trying to promote (X) ?
killeye

Post by killeye »

munt beard wrote:
Joe Seven wrote:
munt beard wrote: Yeah I thought it was cute how all the chinstrokers couldn't wait to jump up and bag out some one for being funny, maybe the humour wasn't techy enoughy.

what if people want to hear about whether something is worth shelling out hard earned cash for, not that this was the case with AO's joke, but surely a forum is the perfect vehicle. why should promoters get immunity over punters. just cause some one spends heaps of money bringing through an act, doesn't justify no criticism. and if the gig is worth going to people will, and did, and that just makes any poster who is complaining look like a whinger.
I wonder if there are cock smokers, I mean chin strokers in the comedy industry? bound to be nassayers everywhere, even Jesus had his doubters, doesn't stop people going to church in droves, and he hasn't had a white label release for quite some time.
:lol: Jesus' white label...I cant believe AO's innocuous comment is overshadowing what was a great night!
Really enjoyed the consistency of the set, some really clever mixing there :D
very small crowd for two internationals i thought. I was suprised to see the room closed off.
Enjoyed Lynt and Tayo...lots of peeps getting into it!
Nice to catch up with the usual suspects :)
"That's my desire, keep pushing, keep striving"

killeye myspace
Joe Seven

Post by Joe Seven »

munt beard wrote:what if people want to hear about whether something is worth shelling out hard earned cash for, not that this was the case with AO's joke, but surely a forum is the perfect vehicle. why should promoters get immunity over punters. just cause some one spends heaps of money bringing through an act, doesn't justify no criticism. and if the gig is worth going to people will, and did, and that just makes any poster who is complaining look like a whinger.

Of course, people who may not know about the music and come across this forum would want to check out what people were saying about an upcoming night they had heard about. Thats what the promotional threads are for. If you dont like the music and have already decided your not going to go why post something negative about the act? Of course promoters arnt above criticism, in fact criticism is good and is the only way things grow. But at least GO to the gig first! If your not satisfied / didnt like the sound / thought the dj was shit then fair play, tell the world!

Critiscising the act before they have even played the gig in the thread put up to promote them is pointless.
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

Joe Seven wrote:
munt beard wrote:what if people want to hear about whether something is worth shelling out hard earned cash for, not that this was the case with AO's joke, but surely a forum is the perfect vehicle. why should promoters get immunity over punters. just cause some one spends heaps of money bringing through an act, doesn't justify no criticism. and if the gig is worth going to people will, and did, and that just makes any poster who is complaining look like a whinger.

Of course, people who may not know about the music and come across this forum would want to check out what people were saying about an upcoming night they had heard about. Thats what the promotional threads are for. If you dont like the music and have already decided your not going to go why post something negative about the act? Of course promoters arnt above criticism, in fact criticism is good and is the only way things grow. But at least GO to the gig first! If your not satisfied / didnt like the sound / thought the dj was shit then fair play, tell the world!

Critiscising the act before they have even played the gig in the thread put up to promote them is pointless.
good point joe - healthy debate is crucial. and I can't afford to go to any old gig just because a promoter has faith in the act. quite often promoters bring out acts because they will make money, I don't begrudge that, nor do I complain when the profits from lucrative acts means they might bring out something a little riskier.
and humour shouldnt take away punters from a gig. only a fool would take one comment on a forum to make up their mind about wether or not to go to a gig. sometimes promo threads go dry, and a little joke can set it on fire and give it more attention.
sometimes a roll call of heads intending to go could do more damage than a bad joke, expecially if you pay attention to all their crap posts and wonder if their opinion is worth anything at all.

props to ya though, your serious about this scene melbeats its built on, your a top DJ and it means more to you than some people's random sarcasm. but I seriously thing telling people off is facist approach. why not counter the negativity with some positive aspects that would serve better in getting peeps along to a show.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

killeye wrote:I cant believe AO's innocuous comment...
indeed!
quick wrote:Why? He's not said one bad thing... Rory's right, everyone jumps on comments like this, even though it's only an opinion with a sense of humour.
what a perfect time to forget my :teef:

so how where the shmingoids anyway?
www.dubstep.com.au
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

the shmingoids were breath taking obviously. slightly pepperish after taste with a delicate bananna bouquet, a pleasant surpise especially the flourishes of peach aroma.
Rollin

Post by Rollin »

Had a great night..

Caught up with a few old friends which was wikked cool..

also it was great talkin with ya Same'O..

Tayo did a great job IMO...

good night all round..

:D
Last edited by Rollin on Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock Like This in-conjunction with Darkbeat's 9th Birthday presents:

FREESTYLERS (UK)

GOOD FRIDAY 6th APRIL - BOAT PARTY!!

Check it http://www.billboardthevenue.com.au/GigView.aspx?id=417
ShiKung

Post by ShiKung »

Re this whole Debate above.

I support Joe.

I dont think people realise how stressful it is putting on Drum n Bass parties in Melbourne right now. There arent alot of full price ticket payers in this city right now. I number the amount of DnB heads at about 300!

The last thing a promoter needs when they are stressed out trying to do everything they can do to, please everyone, make a phat party and not lose money is someone else's negative attitude! Especially when its not given in a constructive way and how can it be constructive pre-gig?

Promoters live for the positive vibes. More often than not, the fact that a party had a wicked vibe has to make up for the fact that the numbers werent quite right.

Downing someones vibe even before the party helps no one. Even if you really care about DnB so much you have to voice your opinion all your doing is being detrimental for the scene as a whole making it less likely you'll get a chance to see those DnB acts that you like.

MB should be a vehicle for positive change within the Breaks and DnB community, helping us to take out the NRG Trance scene (Sarcasm), not cat fights and eliteism! Otherwise it will just disintergrate in on itself!

Anyway. Joe I hope the party rocked, gutted I had to miss Noisia Such is life!

PEACE
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

Zero Hour wrote:
Scholtzy wrote:
Zero Hour wrote: .....wot cause u can actually hear sum work done on the drums..of which he is playing?? Stupid comparison :roll:
I think the point was that A[]O was shit stiring everyone and the only chinstroking I can see here is by others who take it all too seriously.
umm taking the piss i dont actually like noisia