Predictions / Conspiricies / The Truth

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
lynt

Predictions / Conspiricies / The Truth

Post by lynt »

The Stunts revival got me thinking about my old PC and internet days. I got thinking about how I used to roam Usenet looking for all sorts of useless junk... then I remembered about this guy who predicted 9-11 on a newsgroup alt.prophecies.nostradamus ...

This guy a few days (maybe a week) before 9-11 warned everybody of a great catasrophy in NYC..

It was amazing watching this all unravel on Usenet, so many people were in histerics at these predictions coming true. Then the whole numbers thing came into it... all of it came true.

After racking my brain for keywords to search with and digging around Google Groups I found this thread:

Read this

I remember watching 9-11 on TV (I first heard to switch the TV to ten from a chat room on IRC), and being the curious person that I am, hunted around Usenet to see what was going on.

I found this massive discussion going on about this guy Sollog and Xinoehpoel who claimed they predicted the disaster.

Then everyone got the Feds on to them as they became suspects in the attack.

It's an interesting read, I thought I'd share it with you all and ask what you think about predictions, Nostradamus and the like.

This Sollog guy was pretty on to it, go back and date his claims, he was a nutter, and also ran a few cults...

Search for Sollog.

Have a read.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

i will rule the world.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
lynt

Post by lynt »

Dave_wratH

Post by Dave_wratH »

I'd have to say the ultimate conspiracy would be creating a faceless enemy "terrorism". I'm not saying that there aren't terrorists, but what an awsomely conveinient justification for military funding and big brother government laws. They are trying to convince the public to forefit their civil rights. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it is the Government.
lynt

Post by lynt »

For the lazy:
Subject: 911
Newsgroups: alt.prophecies.nostradamus
View: Complete Thread (429 articles) | Original Format
Date: 2001-08-31 11:03:37 PST

Something is going to happen tomorrow. This is a witness against
everyone on this newsgroup. I hate this newsgroup, and everyone on it sucks. REPENT!

You are all evil liars! Do not be so evil, and be holy. You are going to get me killed because of the truth of my mouth. I am not telling you what is going to happen until it does, because an EVIL and adulterous generation seeks for a sign.
Subject: Re: 911
Newsgroups: alt.prophecies.nostradamus
View: Complete Thread (429 articles) | Original Format
Date: 2001-09-04 12:40:28 PST

Wait 7 days, and then maybe I'll answer this post. You see, I am going away in seven days, and you will not hear from me again.

X

Hehehe, note the date.
mrj

Post by mrj »

crikey
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
lynt

Post by lynt »

Yeah, was full on.

People were pretty amazed, and most people got the Feds on to them.

Apparently Sollog died in a car crash.. (Sollog was Xinoehpoel's mentor, or something)
quick

Post by quick »

Call me a skeptic... I don't believe this shit for a second.
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
mrj

Post by mrj »

^^ ur a skeptic :lol:
Last edited by mrj on Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynt

Post by lynt »

More Google Fun

Moon Landing

People are disputing the Moon landing with proof...
funkypaws

Post by funkypaws »

The problem with these sort of predictions is that everyone remembers the one that got it supposedly right, but very few people bother to check into the probably thousands of predictions that were way off the mark.

Even this one, when you read it, you see that interpreters had to do some rearranging and mangling of original numbers to make it fit, as happenes wth Nostrodamus all the time. Reading the link, it says the original set of numbers was 090101, and can only be read as a "correct" prophesy by removing the zeroes. Which is, actually, a completely different set of numbers. It could just be a co-incidence/scam that amazingly, got it right just that once. It wouldn't take a genius - or a prophet - to predict that the most powerful city in the world could come under terrorist attack, and coincidences - contrary to what conspiracy theorist want t believe - do happen.

It's an interesting link though.
lynt

Post by lynt »

quick wrote:Call me a skeptic... I don't believe this shit for a second.
For moot sake. Why not. The date was Sept 4th. He said "Wait 7 days", which equals Sept 11th... hehehehe
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

Dave_wratH wrote:I'd have to say the ultimate conspiracy would be creating a faceless enemy "terrorism". I'm not saying that there aren't terrorists, but what an awsomely conveinient justification for military funding and big brother government laws. They are trying to convince the public to forefit their civil rights. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it is the Government.
yeh, i just have doubts that anyone wants power that much that they would orchestrate this whole thing just to get it. i mean, in WW2 for example plenty of freedoms were restricted in the name of national security..you could just as easily say that was a conspiracy. i think its pretty clear that terrorism is real.

the US govt never needed justification for millitary funding or paying weapons companies shit loads of cash..its been happening for a lot longer than since 9-11.

however it IS conceivable that the bush administration staged 9-11 so they would have an excuse to remove a bunch of governments they didnt like. unlikely..but possible. personally i think the US government is so inept, and the senate system so corrupt and diluted, that they would never be capable of something like that.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
lynt

Post by lynt »

funkypaws wrote:The problem with these sort of predictions is that everyone remembers the one that got it supposedly right, but very few people bother to check into the probably thousands of predictions that were way off the mark.

Even this one, when you read it, you see that interpreters had to do some rearranging and mangling of original numbers to make it fit, as happenes wth Nostrodamus all the time. Reading the link, it says the original set of numbers was 090101, and can only be read as a "correct" prophesy by removing the zeroes. Which is, actually, a completely different set of numbers. It could just be a co-incidence/scam that amazingly, got it right just that once. It wouldn't take a genius - or a prophet - to predict that the most powerful city in the world could come under terrorist attack, and coincidences - contrary to what conspiracy theorist want t believe - do happen.

It's an interesting link though.
Totally. I guess before this thread swings outta control, let me state that I'm more amazed with the fact that this happened on the internet, than the subject matter. And the FBI got involved.

But, continue ;)
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

one theory would say that there are enough people out there in the world doing this kind of thing and being wrong that once something does happen, at least one person could have predicted it.

badly explained.

You don't hear about the 1000 people who today said somewhere on the net that something bad is going to happen tommorrow, because they are wrong.

But if something bad does happen, claims come through.

Maybe.

My predicition: Demons for the Granny. Ill take the 70-1 on it too.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

wait till i rule the world.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
lynt

Post by lynt »

Code: Select all

Blocked Site Error.

http://www.sollog.com is not available in the Wayback Machine. Try another request or click here to see if the page is available, live, on the Web.
waaah.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

actually you can only get 26 at the moment, but I would not mind 9's on Ruicitto for the brownlow.

mark my words.
mrj

Post by mrj »

DBoy wrote:
My predicition: Demons for the Granny. Ill take the 70-1 on it too.

AHAHAHAHA Ah ah aha ahahahahah Hhahahahahaha haa h <COUGH> ahahaha ah aH haha ah ha

HAHA

H AHAH

sorry
quick

Post by quick »

lynt wrote:
For moot sake. Why not. The date was Sept 4th. He said "Wait 7 days", which equals Sept 11th... hehehehe
I'm sure someone says something to that effect everyday... there are that many people in the world... if its real, then its coincidence, nothing more. Unless he was one of the suicde hijackers.
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

quick wrote:
lynt wrote:
I'm sure someone says something to that effect everyday... there are that many people in the world... if its real, then its coincidence, nothing more. Unless he was one of the suicde hijackers.
Badge has a point. There really is fuck all in those posts to signify the the 11-9 thing. I could say that something major will happen tomorrow too... and i'll probably be right.
lynt

Post by lynt »

quick wrote:
lynt wrote:
But in a conspiricies usegroup!!! A CONSPIRICIES USEGROUP!!!!
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

Some of you probably know my views on 9-11 already. I'll just say for the record, the US government is perfectly capable of staging terror attacks on its own people. Just look at the plans for Operation Northwoods in the '60s for an example of how far they were prepared to go.

What is needed is a REAL investigation, not a compromised circus like the 9-11 Commission. Ask where was the air force? Ask who was commanding the wargames. Ask why were all the intel warnings not acted upon and why the FBI blocked investigations into known terrorists living in the US. You'll find there is little evidence of negligence and much evidence of deliberate action.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Special Hegg wrote:Some of you probably know my views on 9-11 already. I'll just say for the record, the US government is perfectly capable of staging terror attacks on its own people. Just look at the plans for Operation Northwoods in the '60s for an example of how far they were prepared to go.

What is needed is a REAL investigation, not a compromised circus like the 9-11 Commission. Ask where was the air force? Ask who was commanding the wargames. Ask why were all the intel warnings not acted upon and why the FBI blocked investigations into known terrorists living in the US. You'll find there is little evidence of negligence and much evidence of deliberate action.
*EDIT*

Hey! It is completely relevant! What a silly fucker I am!

Carry on.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

I predict I am going to get wasted tonight
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

:lol:
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.