THE QUEENSLANDER THREAD

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Polecat wrote:Liz, I 've got no issues with the sun. It's natural and i know you need vitamin D and get it from the sun.

my post was referring to the one before mine which recommended solariums. I'm not going to get a nuked UV tan thanks to a solarium and then pay cash for the risk of getting skin cancer. I think fashion addicts who need a solarium orange tan are nuts.
Yeah i know you were referring to that one. was just pointing out that sun is good! :D

and yeah i agree about the solarium thing - ewww random orange. but i have myself thought about going cos i miss my QLD bronze bod. I had it for most of my childhood til finally Melbs weather killed it, damn it! :x
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

its raining.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
Dave_wratH

Post by Dave_wratH »

sweetcheeks wrote:
satori wrote:or if you celebrate NYE in Coolangatta, you can do it twice and have a whole hour to cross the road before you do it all again. :)
My parents live on the border, so there is basically two time zones in thier house. hahahahah stupid!
I am kinda hoping that the Brisbane crews book a fuck off international up there soon, so the Tearout crew can go up there for thier next tour. Come on Wrathie... :)
a shit poem about queensland. by trish.

if there are so many dnb crews, one of y'all can book corrupt souls in jan
i love queensland, i want to move there but jimbo's not having a bar of it
queensland people are golden and so is the weather
stevo's moving back in a month
some of my most treasured and easily made friends live there
we're coming back real soon
love from us down here
Send me details for CS Trish!!!!!!!!!! Well keen. Kinda lackin in the hard shit up here, apart from us and Erther ofcourse. That man is fucking rad. He works in Rocking Horse Records too so I don't even have to look for anything. Just walk in and he says "you like that one there and that one there"
CoB

Post by CoB »

thought i'd drop in this thread and say hi again :p
def queenslanders dont want to do anything.. they is jus sit back and do nothing kinda people.. bongs, bulbs and booze.. (before 9pm)

but yes.. i forgot what i was going to say.. i hate my brain.. another thing about queensland.. the sun makes u stupid. (or at least thats what i like to tell everyone)

dub sessions is verr nice :) although i havent been down to one in a while

*shrugs shoulders*
Lindemon

Post by Lindemon »

Lindemon wrote:
great_magnet wrote:My hometown - gods country:

Yeah, I'm going to a wedding in Burrum Hds near Hervey Bay in Nov.
Can't wait, I get to be a 'wedding DJ' & get pissed for 4 days straight!
Yay! booked my flights for the wedding last night, $ 340 return is fairly reasonable i reckons, specially cause I can fly straight into Hervey Bay. Now I just gotta watch that 'Wedding Crashers' movie for tips on how to rock the spot & be the random dude that everyone remembers, but no-one knows. Still reckon the Lynt & Thayer version is best..
"Don't you EVER interrupt me when I'm talking to myself..."
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

I'm heading to Biloela in a month for my only niece's christening and 1st birthday. I'm having trouble though deciding if I fly to Rocky then drive or do it as a road trip from Brisbane? :?
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
Lindemon

Post by Lindemon »

Polecat wrote:I'm heading to Biloela in a month for my only niece's christening and 1st birthday. I'm having trouble though deciding if I fly to Rocky then drive or do it as a road trip from Brisbane? :?
Oh, it's a bit of a trek, bout 6-7 hrs if I remember. Went on a holiday to Whitsundays sailing about 4 years ago (best trip ever!, charter a boat between friends & act like pirates for a week!) & it took us a day to get from Byron to Rocky.
"Don't you EVER interrupt me when I'm talking to myself..."
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

yeah that about how long i'd think the drive would take. which is ok if i'm kicking back in the car with my sister and we split fuel. its more that the airfare to Bris is much cheaper than to Rocky, and I'd still need to get from Rocky to Bilo.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.