overinflated ticket prices.

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
gnat

Post by gnat »

Ides-GotFunk? wrote:
gnat wrote:
Ides-GotFunk? wrote: I'm not sure what a chopra is but i know you're dissin me lady, check yo'teef at the door foo'!!
;)

:lol:

no deepak for you miss ides?!
Deepak Chopra
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deepak Chopra (Hindi: दीपक चोपड़ा; born October 22, 1946) is an Indian medical doctor and writer. He has written extensively on spirituality and diverse topics in mind-body medicine. He claims to be influenced by the teachings of Vedanta and the Bhagavad Gita from his native India, and quantum physics. He also said that he has been profoundly influenced by the teachings of J Krishnamurti. [1]His teachings have had a profound influence on the The New Thought Movement which has embraced him in the U.S .

:jerk: @gnat

everything is solved with onions

:lol: :lol:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
johnnynostars

Post by johnnynostars »

Slightly off topic, but how are these guys still in business?

www.redcircletickets.com
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ghetto kitty wrote:
Lizkins wrote: this same arguments goes for people who bitch about other peeps not showing up for gigs but they get industry or free entry :roll:
i dont quite understand that...

everyone who gets industry or free entry SHOULD go to every gig?
sorry just read this, i mean, i hate those that get cheap or free entry but have the audacity to slay those that don't go to gigs, and those they are slaying have to pay full price.

did that make sense? :?

i should add - i could careless if you go or not if you have a free ticket, but don't rag on those who pay full price for the privilege
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i kind of get you but it feels like your talking about a particular situation im not aware of.

i get given free tickets to gigs sometimes, and i REALLY appreciate it when osmeone goes out of their way to give me one, caseu they want me there or whatever,
but there has been a couple this year that i simply could not go to, even though i really wanted to.

i cant imagine why one would slag off those buying tickets at full price?

wierd.

but i can imagine promoters getting free tickets to gigs and then criticising said gigs, because thats why promoters give other promoters tickets, to get feedback right?
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

shit is way too expensive. $48 for some polish metal band at corner last saturday. WTH.

I remember dollar per band.
gnat

Post by gnat »

gnat wrote:the police $150
rage $100
z trip $60
NYD $90
unkle $60

and soon to add future and v

plus autobots and whatever else comes up

i'm trying for kings of leon too

death to bank account
add black crowes $100

oh dear
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

i just cant be fayd going out anymore. im not even _that_ old huhuh.

shits hella boring. plus i get a sore back from standing up for hours :$
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
gnat

Post by gnat »

huge wrote:i just cant be fayd going out anymore. im not even _that_ old huhuh.

lol

you're finished
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

huge wrote:lollies used to cost three cents for a bag as big as a commodore
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

yeah. i thought so. done my dash it seems.

shout outs to the at home crew
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

At Home Crew wrote:WHAT

you'll have to speak up, this is my bad ear

hey i love lucy is on, what lark
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ghetto kitty wrote:i kind of get you but it feels like your talking about a particular situation im not aware of.

i get given free tickets to gigs sometimes, and i REALLY appreciate it when osmeone goes out of their way to give me one, caseu they want me there or whatever,
but there has been a couple this year that i simply could not go to, even though i really wanted to.

i cant imagine why one would slag off those buying tickets at full price?

wierd.

but i can imagine promoters getting free tickets to gigs and then criticising said gigs, because thats why promoters give other promoters tickets, to get feedback right?

hmmm i didn't think i was being that confusing, but then again the situation is odd, you are right. Why would someone who gets free tickets rag on others for not coming to gigs :? but i have heard it time and time again.
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
FunkyJ

Post by FunkyJ »

Ides-GotFunk? wrote:you guys should learn to live with it... the hit that promoters take at the hip pocket with one party is often only equalled with what they make at their more successful shows.
Maybe for smaller promoters, but the promoters of the Big Day Out (West & Lees) and Daft Punk (Coppel) are hardly finding it hard to make ends meet these days.

If they're going to charge these prices, I'd rather these promoters actually try a bit harder...

Yes, Daft Punk were good and the Pyramid a cool light show, but the warm up acts were rather stale and for f**ks sake is it too hard to erect screens for the 12,000 people who can't get close to the stage?
Ready to drop, Audio rock, here comes the boy from the South!
-= www.funkyj.com =-
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

FunkyJ wrote:
Ides-GotFunk? wrote:you guys should learn to live with it... the hit that promoters take at the hip pocket with one party is often only equalled with what they make at their more successful shows.
Maybe for smaller promoters, but the promoters of the Big Day Out (West & Lees) and Daft Punk (Coppel) are hardly finding it hard to make ends meet these days.

If they're going to charge these prices, I'd rather these promoters actually try a bit harder...

Yes, Daft Punk were good and the Pyramid a cool light show, but the warm up acts were rather stale and for f**ks sake is it too hard to erect screens for the 12,000 people who can't get close to the stage?
word and word.

and script.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

FunkyJ wrote:but the warm up acts were rather stale
while I agree with most of what you're saying, how can you blame a promoter for a warm-up act that didn't float your boat?

and Yeah, farken WORD to a few big screen around the place so the plebs can see too
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Fents

Post by Fents »

gnat wrote:
huge wrote:i just cant be fayd going out anymore. im not even _that_ old huhuh.

lol

you're finished
welcome. just label it a new genre and we are set.

cant even smoke a spliff on the dancefoor anymore, what has it come to these days!
Fents

Post by Fents »

Oh and bring back house partys!
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

FunkyJ wrote:

The support acts were great. The sound was what was lacking. There were like 7 or 8 acts or something playing that nite. 3 internationals. Huge lights show and the pyramid. How can you complain about the price for such an awesome gig?? And seriously if u couldn't see the stage from anywhere at the bowl last week then u need glasses cos i was watching it from the bar for a bit and had no problems at all. I guess your retinas may have been burnt more than my were from the lights.
Yeah i do have a problem with alot of gigs ticket prices but i don't think daft punk was even worth a mention if you ask me.
Value for money IMO.
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

what about artists actually deserving a hefty ticket price? surely you get to a point where you earn and deserve a massive ticket price?

If your an awesome talent, and youve done your time and done the work, bring on a high price, why not, lawyers, dr's all that do it. same shit i rectum.

And on the daft punk example, ive been waiting ten years to see those cunts and if they charged $200 a ticket, id pay it in as quick a second as if it were $50.
deviant

Post by deviant »

gnat wrote:plus autobots
$15 industry tix, bargain!!

;)
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

^^ this is very true!
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

not just the big shows overpriced, but the local, same old thing are a lot of the time too.

More than $10 for anything, it's got to work damn hard to convince me it's worth it. The days for my going out for the sake of it are gone.
FunkyJ

Post by FunkyJ »

Value for money IMO.
I got a freebee, so yeah, it was still value for money :P
Ready to drop, Audio rock, here comes the boy from the South!
-= www.funkyj.com =-