BuGHAUZ presents PRECISION CUTS @ brown alley 3rd march

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
nickdivision

BuGHAUZ presents PRECISION CUTS @ brown alley 3rd march

Post by nickdivision »

Precision Cuts are the UK breaks scenes biggest secret. The simple fact of the matter is that they rock harder and with more funk, soul and feeling than even the biggest names in breaks. Their Dex and FX shows are like textbook examples of how to rock the arse off any dance. Their productions are unparalleled, infectious and have a coherent sound and vibe all of their own (not to mention being in the hands of any self respecting breaks jock) Their stage style can only be described as contagious and they often make other DJs sound and look a little bit silly. Having proved themselves as underground heroes with more artistic credibility than could ever be needed Precision Cuts (PC) are now ready to bring their (mad) skills to a wider audience.

2006 Has been a busy time for Precision Cuts, with plenty of gigs in the UK and internationally and also working in the studio, maintaining a steady flow of 12” singles for their own label Smartbreaks and a run of remixes that have definitely turned a few heads, hearts and minds.

Having spent 05 working in Christian Js studio, PC are now working in Plank studios, home to Layo and Bushwacka! This is the studio where tracks like “Monster” and “Healer” and also “Deep South” and “Love Story” were recorded. Tam was “studio gopher” at Plank at the turn of the century now returns as “studio Jedi” to create the worlds most perfect, elegant and finely tuned breakbeat music in the studio of one of the masters of deep yet exciting dance music.

PC have again been prolific in their output and have released 4 records in 5 months. As always there has been critical acclaim and heavy club / radioplay. The first release on Smartbreaks entitled “Smartbreaks in the place” showcased the PC sound and vibe and found its way into the boxes of DJs including Tayo, Ali B and The Plump Djs.

This was followed by the release of two killer remixes, “Listen” by Ian Radcliffe on 192K records and “Good times” by The Groove Diggerz on Even Flow recordings. These two remixes have shown Precision Cuts to be some of the best remixers in breaks. Their reputation will be bolstered by the release of their remix of “Break the funk” also on 192K records in June. As if that wasn’t enough they have completed a remix of a massive classic breaks track that for the moment must remain a secret……….

“The Surge” was released on Smartbreaks in April and continues in the tradition of serving up tracks that sound like nothing else but will still rock any dancefloor. As always reviews have been more than favourable. This is the 25th PC 12” single released and is therefore something of a milestone.

The coming months will see another flurry of activity. Most importantly in July Precision Cuts will release a Mix CD entitled “Chew the Fat at The End Presents Precision Cuts in the mix” through Fat! Records. This is the third in a series of Fat! Mix albums, the previous two being mixed and compiled By Dj Friendly and Fats’ very own Paul “Trouble” Arnold.

PC will tour Australia and China this summer and will also play gigs in Barcelona and Canada. In London PC are booked to play a Dex and FX set at the June “Eargasm” (The Plump Djs night at Fabric) and will continue to play their residencies at the Ministry of Sound and The End. They are also playing at a “silent disco” where the crowd will be wearing headphones….?

In the studio they will be hard at work on their forthcoming artist album, which will feature collaborations with vocalists, instrumentalists and just plain mentalists. Should be interesting.........

support from the usual BuGHAUZ suspects, and some special guests TBC.
watch this space for more info
Last edited by nickdivision on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the house is riddled with whiteants and the lane is covered in chicken shit..........
marcus

Post by marcus »

These guys are rad. Nice work on getting them BUT it's the same night as Fire:Aid. :?
nickdivision

Post by nickdivision »

all the more love to go around............... :)
the house is riddled with whiteants and the lane is covered in chicken shit..........
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

D: A Clash!
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
nic

Post by nic »

tou guys need pat as support for thiz
Andy H

Post by Andy H »

Precision Cuts @ Bughauz

No Doubts - This will be huge :thumbup:
yenks

Post by yenks »

Boo Ya !

Precision Cuts have some wicked material, cant wait.
deviant

Post by deviant »

:shock: wowsers :D

nice one guys!!
ericastar

Post by ericastar »

Yep. Huge. That is all. :wink:
ericastar

Post by ericastar »

Just found this on an ITM forum - take a squiz...

Tam Precision Cuts says hello

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings folks and thanx for the niceness

Tam Precision Cuts Here

my mate andy from z audio told me about this thread so i thought i should check in and say my piece

We are coming to oz next month from feb 9th for about four weeks, playing i think about ten gigs

This is the first time we've been down under and we are gearing ourselves up to rock the house, afterparty, after-after party and anywhere else that folk appreciate a proper breakbeat set

I say "we" but it is in fact my partner in crime Jem (AKA DJ search) who will be winging his way over to you.

He will play dj sets, not the full live show. The full live show will have to wait....................

We play a lot of original material in our sets (average 90% original trax) and essentially have taken breaks in our own direction, and that direction is up up and away

We occupy our own space in breaks cos no one else makes records like us or plays like us

our style is rolling, funky, deep, psychedelic, emotive uplifting and melodic but not that godawful cheesy shite

Our tunes will have you reaching for the lasers like you did when you first started taking pills, thats what we're all about................

We've been doing our thing since 2000 and have released about 30 singles and remixes on Octagon, Streetwise, Marine Parade, SImple, Mob, Functional and our own label Smartbreaks

you can find us at myspace as precisioncuts

there are also some mixes to download from our site: (cant post the link on first post .....)

although to be fair they could do with updating........still good tho, just not our freshest stuff...........you'll have to come and see jem play for that innit................

OK i better get my sorry arse to bed...........

Bigupyaselves all inthemix bods

Tam
nic

Post by nic »

anywhere else that folk appreciate a proper breakbeat set
huhuhuhu that would be here. no m(i)n(i)m(i)n(a)l pls.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

marcus wrote:These guys are rad. Nice work on getting them BUT it's the same night as Fire:Aid. :?
Thats ok..... you can come to fireaid before and/or after OR the next day, gota a lot of love to give and a lot of love to receive :D

What a great night this is going to be, Precision Cuts & Melbourne's finest!

Sorry to hijack :wink: But im going to both :lol: :lol:
lynt

Post by lynt »

Ahhh. Precision Cuts are great! Saw them at Glade doing the live thing, it's a really mad show!
nickdivision

Post by nickdivision »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:
marcus wrote:These guys are rad. Nice work on getting them BUT it's the same night as Fire:Aid. :?
Thats ok..... you can come to fireaid before and/or after OR the next day, gota a lot of love to give and a lot of love to receive :D

What a great night this is going to be, Precision Cuts & Melbourne's finest!

Sorry to hijack :wink: But im going to both :lol: :lol:
thats the spirit!!! cos i sure as hell know that i'm gonna be going to fireaid for a fair whack of that weekend, but i DO know where i am gonna be from 10pm til at least 6am :wink: on the saturday night :D

bring on the surgical goodness of precision cuts!!
Andy H

Post by Andy H »

FlYer LooKs RaDness PunKz :D
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

wickid ! just got locked into the side room for some live action :)

wasnt aware it was actually precision cuts from the UK...thought the night was called that! wickidness!!

bring it on!
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

^^ Nice one Bruv. I'll definately come in and see Sonus do their thing! Noice !
Easy @ Word - 23rd May Opening Night, every saturday
Everything You Want - Fridays @ Lounge Downstairs
OldSkool Hip Hop and Funk - Saturdays @ Red Violin
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

nickdivision

Post by nickdivision »

will have side room line up announced by the end of the weekend, just waiting on some confirmation from some acts to come thru, but it's going to be an all live, all mental side room extravaganza!!
and veeeeeery soon will be announcing some exciting TINGS that will be happening in the future wiv the alley........
stay tuned ;)
ericastar

Post by ericastar »

ye har.... it's a bughauz bonanza!
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Is there guestlist action happening ? or is that too early ?
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

Brain

Post by Brain »

Brain's eyes are buggin out for this one. :shock:
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

Brain wrote:Brain's eyes are buggin out for this one. :shock:
Mine too !!! 8) this'll be mad !
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
nickdivision

Post by nickdivision »

Snowie wrote:Is there guestlist action happening ? or is that too early ?
yeah baby, same deal as last time, look out for the business cards, grab one and present it at the door for guestlist entry....

and if you don't get one (and i reckon that'll be hard cos there are 5000 of them :D ) email your guestlists to [email protected] and we'll get you sorted..........

see y'all on the dance floor
Andy H

Post by Andy H »

Wow.< 1 month
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

bring it!

and err where can i get me some business cards!
ericastar

Post by ericastar »

So much madness and mayhem to be had. Andy - I hope you got a change of underwear.... camo g strings are SO last month....
::COMING UP::

Sat 26 May Decoded @ Tilt - 70's Spy theme night! House/Tech/Prog/Minimal
Andy H

Post by Andy H »

I know you love edible undies Erica. They should suffice eh! :lol:
Max Headroom

Post by Max Headroom »

uhh i'm not sure what gets me more excited... precision cuts @ bughauz or erica's edible undies....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
A-Jam
nickdivision

Post by nickdivision »

Max Headroom wrote:uhh i'm not sure what gets me more excited...
i reckon there is a fair chance that it would be the engaging multi-lingual 2 week encounter that did that to you..........
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

:lol:
ericastar

Post by ericastar »

Max Headroom wrote:uhh i'm not sure what gets me more excited... precision cuts @ bughauz or erica's edible undies....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Neither do I, A-Jam, neither do I! BTW - hope Vibes was awesome - look forward to hearing all about it!

nickdivision

Post by nickdivision »

set times will be posted soon, so look out!!!
gettin toey :D
yenks

Post by yenks »

"Mother Farker. Right Now... Break Beat !!"

ericastar

Post by ericastar »

Ba ha! nice one yenksy! Too funny! Hope life is good matey - see you soonski.

yenks

Post by yenks »

ericastar wrote:Ba ha! nice one yenksy! Too funny! Hope life is good matey - see you soonski.
Life is grand atm.

Finally got some time to Ableton it up. :D
nickdivision

Post by nickdivision »

yenksie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how are ya mate? seeya at coombs tonight? cos i know i will definitely see ya at PC ;)

check ya pms too.......
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

ericastar wrote:
our style is rolling, funky, deep, psychedelic, emotive uplifting and melodic but not that godawful cheesy shite
8)
nic

Post by nic »

emotive uplifting and melodic but not that godawful cheesy shite
paradox? :teef:

Looking foward to precision cuts tho, been lon gtime coming
nickdivision

Post by nickdivision »

i had a workmate ask me what precision cuts were on friday..... i told him it's what a jewish doctor aims to achieve at the end of a willy.

he didn't get it.............................

BRING FORTH THE MADNESS THAT IS PC!!!!!!

:)
yenks

Post by yenks »

i hear that Jewish Ninja Doctors are very precise

nickdivision

Post by nickdivision »

hahaha

nice one guvna!!!!

we are also pleased to announce that BuGHAUZ is running at the alley of browness from march 16th EVERY week, with our next special guest sure to get a rise out of every breaks head out there!!!

stay tuned for details, but for now get ready for the sublime stylings of Precision Cuts on the 3rd March!!!!!

as excited as Oprah Winfrey in a room full of twinkies over this one :lol:
lynt

Post by lynt »

Nice one Bug Hauz.

I mean, "nice waan laddy"
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Nice one bruva ! I said nice! I've been a busy boy of late, i'll call ya in the next day or two.

Good work !
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

Andy H

Post by Andy H »

Big ups to the bald midget for his efforts on getting this up and running - and the other crew too, you all know who you are.
nickdivision

Post by nickdivision »

lynt wrote: I mean, "nice waan laddy"
laddy? laddy? thats right laddy!! hootenanny wee cannae cairn the bairn laddy!!
aye tis a wee pity, baut the 16th laddy, butaye, sure to bae rockin echuca as tha wee bist maan laddy.......

or words to that effect :lol:
Snowie wrote:Nice one bruva ! I said nice! I've been a busy boy of late, i'll call ya in the next day or two.

Good work !
not a problem mate, speak to you then.

slight clue for the 16th of march - headlining act rhymes with sao, mayo, and hayo...........and is sure to please until the next dayo :D

crap rhyme, poor joke, but a fucking mental headliner!!!!!!

but until then, bring on PRECISION CUTS!!
lynt

Post by lynt »

nickdivision wrote:
lynt wrote: I mean, "nice waan laddy"
laddy? laddy? thats right laddy!! hootenanny wee cannae cairn the bairn laddy!!
aye tis a wee pity, baut the 16th laddy, butaye, sure to bae rockin echuca as tha wee bist maan laddy.......

or words to that effect :lol:
hahahah! never drinking again.
ericastar

Post by ericastar »

argh, so much happening! Precision cuts is but a blades edge away (yeh, that sucked... maybe i should go back to my day job)

bring it on, i say!

:wink:

nickdivision

Post by nickdivision »

yeah you're right that did suck :P lol

hyped to the hilt about this, smartbreaks in the place is going to be demanded on the night, for a little gratuitous indulgence, and if it doesn't get a rinse out, well i am going to cry like a banshee,
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Only a couple of days to go. Woot Woot. Shall definately stop past.
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

ericastar wrote:argh, so much happening! Precision cuts is but a blades edge away.

:wink:
Nah, it was aiight, close to Ninja speak I say! :lol: :lol:

What a weekend coming up, cross fingers my boss gives me monday off or there will be a lil miss in all sorts of trouble :shock:

Doing some beatport shopping in a sec, cant wait. Better be some nice new bangin tunes so I can come correct! 8)
Max Headroom

Post by Max Headroom »

Hey All

Just wanted to let you know I've heard from precision cuts who say they're looking forward to this gig! should be rad...
A-Jam