reverb

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
flippo

reverb

Post by flippo »

I like reverb, but I'm never really satisfied with the sounds I get from my software. Quirkier, sharper reverb is pretty easy, but I can't quite get the really natural smooth sound. I've tried verbing diff sections of the spectrum differently, and layering different reverbs and very soft delays together, but not the really smooth sexy shit you hear on alot of pro recordings.

what are good reverb VST's? or any other tips?

Noticed that the lower end lexicon reverb units are pretty reasonable, could add that to my little list when I stock my desk with goodies next year.
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

Hardware. everytime....

Lexicon is great from what i have read / heard, never used one persoanlly, but from what i have read, if i was gonna enter into hardware reverbs (which isnt that far off) then I would get one and feel very comfortable :D

What other goodies you thinking about :D
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

the cheaper lexicons wont really be any better than vst plugins.

you have to spend a bit more for it to be worth while really.

so maybe a 480L is over kill. PCM90's are rad. but hard to find.

i'd stick to plugins like alti-verb & waves impulse reverbs

edit: the TC electronics stuff is quite good (system 6000 :teef:) like the m-one
flippo

Post by flippo »

what hardware reverb are you useing at the moment?

Yeh Lexicon certainly has a pretty strong rep 'verb wise, I leanr that pretty quick, makes that descision pretty easy. But for now while I'm still kicking it pov' central, would still like to know how I can get close to sexy pro reverb with software.

Goodies on my list -
either KRK Rokits or Samson Rubicons for monitors. something in that price range anyway, nothing too flash unless I get pretty serious. For interface presonus firebox looks good, mainly because for that intermediate firewire pricerange this one seems to get good reviews for the mic preamps, and I want to record instruments.
Korg Padkontrol.
new putter is probably a must too.

Might be able to afford the interface next month at least, but the rest will have to wait till I'm on a bit more cash after summer, car needs work :(

Zander, don't the MX lexicons share the same algorithms as the PCM models? just stripped back programing abilities? If some kid on some forum said it, it must be true! The Lexicon site says 'based on', that could mean anything I guess.

I'll have a crack at the altiverb ;). thanks! CPU gonna hate me.
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

im gonna get that presonus firebox when the slackass thats buying my tascam gets around to it
mmmmm multi out
unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

good reverb is hella cpu intensive, gotta process and dump to audio then dump it back into the track
but yeh when you have the firebox and a hardware reverb you could make some nice live send edits ...
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Try a demo of the Wizooverb W2 (stereo) and W5 (surround) reverb plug-ins. Awave should have them in stock....
JoyRiderz

Post by JoyRiderz »

Direktor wrote:Try a demo of the Wizooverb W2 (stereo) and W5 (surround) reverb plug-ins. Awave should have them in stock....
Yeah, we got them in stock (thanks Direktor :wink: )

we also got altiverb, mcdsp revolver and tl space.

www.awave.com.au
http://www.myspace.com/joyriderz1
=========================
Australian Breakbreat Community
http://www.llupa.com/abc.swf
=========================
Planet Awave - Music is art. Technology is the tool
http://www.awave.com.au
dopamine

Post by dopamine »

I've heard great things about the CSR reverbs from IK Multimedia.

Lower cpu than convolution and lets be honest, a good synthetic reverb can sometimes be better for electronic music anyway.

http://www.classikstudioreverb.com/Main.html?prod-CSR
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

Perfect Space that comes with Sonar 5 is good.

but yeah, convolution reverb - eats yo cpu
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!
flippo

Post by flippo »

I think that's what appeals to me too, not just the sound, but not punishing the CPU. Played around with altiverb as per Zander's suggestion, bit it certainly makes your computer work. Not something you can sit there and modulate on the fly whilst you got other tracks running.. Twidleing the knobs would be alot nice than piss farting around with a touchpad too. I'll hunt around and try some others. Basicaly I want something that I can run on multiple sends without mauling cpu, that still sounds nice and warm. Probably not possible eh?
Shadowgames

Post by Shadowgames »

well i use the Princeton Digital 2016, which is a software emulation of the famous Eventide 2016.

Its sweet, and not cpu hungy

here