the most ridiculous thing in a long time

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Broken Beat Assault

Post by Broken Beat Assault »

factory worker wrote:
Broken Beat Assault wrote:
Stray wrote:[quote="

I see the irony in an event called plus one that doesn't give out plus ones.
You could easily be mistaken for thinking this event offered two for one tickets because of the name.
if you had come across any of the Plus:One promotion you would be aware of the Plus:One guestlist, guess how it works?? :roll:

the most ridiculous thing in a long time would have to be this thread.
Thsi isn't about the Plus One party. But while youre on the subject. Why don't you explain yourself inseat of asking people to guess -that just leads to more confusion.
thought it was pretty self explanatory m8.
email - [email protected] to get a plus one added to your name at no charge!

PL:US:O:N::E P::LUS:ON::E, you could have had one if you got in earlier!
think we have 100 names already and its full.
never know, send an email and we may fit one more for you and your mate, :D

aspekt

Post by aspekt »

I enjoy helping people out and doing favours for people I barely know. having a station wagon and a trailer i've helped no shortage of randoms move house or collect furniture. I don't expect them to pay me for my time but i would expect that they buy me lunch or something. I do it because I enjoy helping people out (even if i barely know them) but I also expect a token of gratitude. The $15 lunch doesn't even begin to cover the cost of my time, and may not even cover the petrol.

I'd be shitty if they didn't buy me lunch, purely as a matter of principal. It's not about the money at all, but that token gesture is required to complete the "transaction". It's a sign of gratitude that they appreciate what you're doing for them. Reviewers don't expect a bar tab, but I think free entry for you and some company is a small price to pay for the promoters.
The free entry doesn't actualy cost the promoters anything, other than potential entry fees which it probably wouldn't get as the reviewer wouldn't be there if they weren't reviewing. I would have thought that a promoter be waiving this potential revenue of entry for two in order to attract more people for the next one.
The reviewers are trying to help you get more people (provided you put on a good party) which you should be encouraging.

There will always be people who abuse the system and are just after a free ride so of course you probably need to be a little bit discerning about who you hand out free tickets to. But provided that the reviewer has a genuine intent to review, that entry price for two people that you waived should generate far more long term income.
There's no justice, just us.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

aspekt wrote:I enjoy helping people out and doing favours for people I barely know. having a station wagon and a trailer i've helped no shortage of randoms move house or collect furniture. I don't expect them to pay me for my time but i would expect that they buy me lunch or something. I do it because I enjoy helping people out (even if i barely know them) but I also expect a token of gratitude. The $15 lunch doesn't even begin to cover the cost of my time, and may not even cover the petrol.

I'd be shitty if they didn't buy me lunch, purely as a matter of principal. It's not about the money at all, but that token gesture is required to complete the "transaction". It's a sign of gratitude that they appreciate what you're doing for them. Reviewers don't expect a bar tab, but I think free entry for you and some company is a small price to pay for the promoters.
The free entry doesn't actualy cost the promoters anything, other than potential entry fees which it probably wouldn't get as the reviewer wouldn't be there if they weren't reviewing. I would have thought that a promoter be waiving this potential revenue of entry for two in order to attract more people for the next one.
The reviewers are trying to help you get more people (provided you put on a good party) which you should be encouraging.

There will always be people who abuse the system and are just after a free ride so of course you probably need to be a little bit discerning about who you hand out free tickets to. But provided that the reviewer has a genuine intent to review, that entry price for two people that you waived should generate far more long term income.
Damn straight!

As for claims of starting up an internet site for the purposes of scoring free stuff to review, that's kind of funny but off topic. I was referring to a genuine media outlet. The reviewer, publication and promoter relationship was already well established. This isn't about a scam on my part.
I'm beginning to think the reason this forum talks about donuts and simpsons quotes is cause half the peeps on here can't read and write properly.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

factory worker wrote: I'm beginning to think the reason this forum talks about donuts and simpsons quotes is cause half the peeps on here can't read and write properly.
You really do need that box of tissues I think.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

All - Factory Worker really isn't getting up in arms here, trust, if he was you would know about it. i think he is discussing this quite well.

quit with the tissues comments, dey lame
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Polecat wrote:
factory worker wrote: I'm beginning to think the reason this forum talks about donuts and simpsons quotes is cause half the peeps on here can't read and write properly.
You really do need that box of tissues I think.
Why respond with such lame come backs?
If you have nothing constructive to a thread then start another one or find some other thread to entertain yourself.
Terry Tate
Location: come in! this is lonely soldier! my location is....bookshop!

Post by Terry Tate »

just a thought on this matter.
a reviewer plus a friend would have at least a few drinks or so whilst theyre at the party, so arent they helping out in that way as well?
this is just from my experience in putting on shows and venues sometimes giving the promoters a cut from the bar or the bar managers gauging a nights success on bar takings.
New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

I've already added a long post to the thread. I just have trouble understanding what the whole thread is about... if you think all promoters should give plus ones to reviewers, regardless of whether it is a $80 event or a $5 one? Also, each promoter-media outlet relationship is going to be an individual one, not a blanket policy for all, no?

Sorry for the upsetting tissue comment, but I thought your remark referring to low intellects was insulting. You seem to be only content when you're supported in this thread, and not open to seeing a different point of view.
dust

Post by dust »

I wrote for 3D world for some time and never, not at any party I reviewed, did i get more than one free pass. Suggesting that the promoters of plus:one should give you an extra pass, simply because of the name is just silly.
Friday

Post by Friday »

aspekt wrote:I think free entry for you and some company is a small price to pay for the promoters.
i guess it comes down to whether you think that the promoter is the one really benefitting from the review. i don't... i think it's really the media outlet that benefits.

about 75% of the reviews for events that i have put on the reviewer rarely mentioned the event itself and spends time talking about the act themselves... which is fine but i don't see how that benefits the promoter? it's not going to increase their sales for the next event when it's a different act playing...

and even if it did i doubt it would be by the approx $1k that it would cost the promoter (in the case of a 33&1/3 event) to issue +1s to all media.

in my mind the promoter doesn't owe them anything! the publisher does... i think it is generous that they've been given a free ticket at all.

also to comment on what deviant said about 'inviting' a reviewer. i may feel differently if i 'invited' the reviewer down and may even give them a +1 but i have never done this... it has always been my experience that leading up to the event i have about 40 or 50 approaches from reviewers / photographers / journos doing interviews and i have had to pick and choose from these to fit our media allocation (the media allocation would vary based on the size / budget of the show and what numbers we were aiming for and what we could spare). i would often have to deny even the reviewer themselves let alone the plus one if the media allocation was filled...
aspekt wrote:The free entry doesn't actualy cost the promoters anything, other than potential entry fees which it probably wouldn't get as the reviewer wouldn't be there if they weren't reviewing.
yes it does cost them! any promoter should be aiming to sell out their venue (or picking a smaller venue for their event so they can aim to sell that one out). FREE TICKETS COST THE PROMOTERS MONEY. any ticket given out on a sold out show is one less that they can sell and reduces their profit by that amount. OR they can up the ticket prices to make the same profit margin and a smaller number of sales.

i really despise the whole mentality of free tickets in the music scene. it's just unfair to people who are trying to run a successful business to be constantly inundated with complaints about how they should be giving out more freebies to people. if you have a mate who opens up a clothing store would you walk in an comment about how you really like a tshirt they have and can they give you one for free? and maybe one for your mate too? why should it be different with an event... what makes people think it's ok to ask for, or even expect this. wrong :? :evil:
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

Polecat wrote: Sorry for the upsetting tissue comment, but I thought your remark referring to low intellects was insulting. You seem to be only content when you're supported in this thread, and not open to seeing a different point of view.
his comment wasn't unreasonable considering the jibes made in this thread.

I think double passes should be asked for and given out responsibly. I don't think you should ask for a double pass if all your mates are going anyway, and I don't think it's unreasonable for promoters to hand out a double pass if it's warranted.
Chances are that if none of your mates are going and you want to take some company, i'd imagine you'd end up paying for your mate's entry because they're doing you a favour by coming.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Friday wrote:
aspekt wrote:I think free entry for you and some company is a small price to pay for the promoters.
i guess it comes down to whether you think that the promoter is the one really benefitting from the review. i don't... i think it's really the media outlet that benefits.

about 75% of the reviews for events that i have put on the reviewer rarely mentioned the event itself and spends time talking about the act themselves... which is fine but i don't see how that benefits the promoter? it's not going to increase their sales for the next event when it's a different act playing...

and even if it did i doubt it would be by the approx $1k that it would cost the promoter (in the case of a 33&1/3 event) to issue +1s to all media.

in my mind the promoter doesn't owe them anything! the publisher does... i think it is generous that they've been given a free ticket at all.

also to comment on what deviant said about 'inviting' a reviewer. i may feel differently if i 'invited' the reviewer down and may even give them a +1 but i have never done this... it has always been my experience that leading up to the event i have about 40 or 50 approaches from reviewers / photographers / journos doing interviews and i have had to pick and choose from these to fit our media allocation (the media allocation would vary based on the size / budget of the show and what numbers we were aiming for and what we could spare). i would often have to deny even the reviewer themselves let alone the plus one if the media allocation was filled...
aspekt wrote:The free entry doesn't actualy cost the promoters anything, other than potential entry fees which it probably wouldn't get as the reviewer wouldn't be there if they weren't reviewing.
yes it does cost them! any promoter should be aiming to sell out their venue (or picking a smaller venue for their event so they can aim to sell that one out). FREE TICKETS COST THE PROMOTERS MONEY. any ticket given out on a sold out show is one less that they can sell and reduces their profit by that amount. OR they can up the ticket prices to make the same profit margin and a smaller number of sales.

i really despise the whole mentality of free tickets in the music scene. it's just unfair to people who are trying to run a successful business to be constantly inundated with complaints about how they should be giving out more freebies to people. if you have a mate who opens up a clothing store would you walk in an comment about how you really like a tshirt they have and can they give you one for free? and maybe one for your mate too? why should it be different with an event... what makes people think it's ok to ask for, or even expect this. wrong :? :evil:
If the promoter isn't benefiting than why do they offer any tickets for review at all. Surely this would of been worked out long ago and this thread wouldn't be relevant. I think reviews do help, they remind people about parties if they were too trashed, they advise people who didn't go how things were and they provide feedback for the performer/ sound engineer, venue etc.

And if you despise the whole mentality of free tix why do you partake in the culture of free tix? How many times have you posted about getting getting free tix Friday.

I'm not after a free ticket of a plus one to the plus one show. I support local events and know how hard it is to make ends meet when running events.

The plus one debate is interesting, and I think that by naming an event after the concept of plus one door lists that it would be expected that peeps would be intrigued by it. My passion for writing hasn't been affected by any of this, I only wanted to discuss this concept as it relates to our local scene, and its unfortyunate that my experiences have over shadowed the topic so much. I think that's cause some peeps were too busy hating, and offering tissues cause they mistook my posts for whinging.

Nothign but props for Forward Focus and I wish them well with future endeavours. It just niggled me that the name was being used used in conjunction with a collective of promoters - of which some haven't actively endorsed the plus one ethic in soime of my experiences. So much for a oight hearted observation.

It's good to see (through dry eyes) that melbeaters are generally quite passionate though.
ArrBee

Post by ArrBee »

What a load of old cobblers.

If you need someone to hold your hand when you go out maybe you should stay home.

As far as payment goes, maybe you should be asking the publication you write for to provide that. If a promoter was paying for your review it would quickly become advertising and not reviewing.

Yeah, sure it could happen responsibly....
Only getting a +1 when your friends are already going. I can see that working. LOL

Why not encourage your friends to buy a ticket to the gig if you are going alone?

Why do you want a +1 and not a +4 or +10. Get all your mates in for free. Of course that's only cos you need an entourage hiphop styles.
Where does it end...?
Friday

Post by Friday »

factory worker wrote: If the promoter isn't benefiting than why do they offer any tickets for review at all. Surely this would of been worked out long ago and this thread wouldn't be relevant. I think reviews do help, they remind people about parties if they were too trashed, they advise people who didn't go how things were and they provide feedback for the performer/ sound engineer, venue etc.
I guess because it's expected and part of the culture, we have a relationship with the media outlet and they ask so we give it to them to help THEM out. Not to help us out. A lot of events would pass that we wouldn't give out a single reviewer pass dependent on the event budget. And I don't think any of these parties were adversely effected by this.
factory worker wrote:And if you despise the whole mentality of free tix why do you partake in the culture of free tix? How many times have you posted about getting getting free tix Friday.
I don't EXPECT free tickets. Yes I do get free tickets to a lot of shows and I am always very thankful of this. I also give a lot of free tickets where I think they are due. I would NEVER post on a public forum, naming a promoter, that I disagree with the free ticket policy. Their policy is entirely up to them. If they want to give me tickets cool. If not I will BUY them and not whinge about it. Going on a public forum and naming a promoter and having a go at their policy which is entirely up to them to decide up is as I've said malicious in my mind.

factory worker wrote:I'm not after a free ticket of a plus one to the plus one show. I support local events and know how hard it is to make ends meet when running events.
i still don't get why you started this thread then? what is the point of this?
Friday

Post by Friday »

Polecat wrote:Sorry for the upsetting tissue comment, but I thought your remark referring to low intellects was insulting. You seem to be only content when you're supported in this thread, and not open to seeing a different point of view.
i have to agree with polecat here... the only one who seems to be calling names and referring to people's intelligence in a demeaning manner recently rather than encouraging free discussion is factory worker. :?
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

friday: sell out shows are always going to be a different story, especially since if your gigs are selling out, you probably don't really need to bother with reviewers at all.
Events (such as 33) are going to be reported on differently to club nights as well.
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

factory worker wrote:I'm beginning to think the reason this forum talks about donuts and simpsons quotes is cause half the peeps on here can't read and write properly.
Moderator Hat: Off.

I'm tasting some delicious irony.

Yep that's definitely the flavour of the amount of spelling and grammar errors in your previous posts.

Seriously. If the topic of conversation here bothers you so much; if the intelligence level of our members does not meet your standards, feel free to not participate.
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Friday

Post by Friday »

aspekt wrote:friday: sell out shows are always going to be a different story, especially since if your gigs are selling out, you probably don't really need to bother with reviewers at all.
Events (such as 33) are going to be reported on differently to club nights as well.
but you often don't know until the final weeks of a campaign whether the show is going to sell out or not. but you start getting media requests from the minute it's announced...

in my opinion it is professional to set a policy before you announce the gig so that you're not fucking people around.

you decide how many you can allocate to media and still run your event sucessfully and then stick to it. as i said all promoters should be aiming to sell their event out - that's the name of the game. so giving out extra comps is going to effect their margins.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

it was all about irony. about 3 people understood the original post.

no promoter has been named - about 3 times I've indicated this aint about the plus one.. and I'm not trying to get into any gig for free. there sure is a lot of conflicting opinions and viewpoints.

i feel all warm and fuzzy know, just knowing that promoters "help" out media compaines - what a relevation. now why would a promoter bother to help out a media company - maybe they want something from the media company such as extra publicity, more column inches, front page photos etc. and why is there a plus one concept in place.

How can you despise free tickets and be thankful at the same time? I'm not whinging about free tickets, I was merely joining the dots. Maybe I was wrong to have a go at an un-named promoter on a music forum. How are those donuts form blah blah...............
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

Friday wrote:
aspekt wrote:friday: sell out shows are always going to be a different story, especially since if your gigs are selling out, you probably don't really need to bother with reviewers at all.
but you often don't know until the final weeks of a campaign whether the show is going to sell out or not. but you start getting media requests from the minute it's announced...

in my opinion it is professional to set a policy before you announce the gig so that you're not fucking people around.

you decide how many you can allocate to media and still run your event sucessfully and then stick to it. as i said all promoters should be aiming to sell their event out - that's the name of the game. so giving out extra comps is going to effect their margins.
fair call.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Friday wrote:

OK so if you had a policy of not offering double comps for review or what ever. would you put your name to a party called double free comp or somethign simialr?
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

factory worker wrote:it was all about irony. about 3 people understood the original post.
Better sharpen those writing skills then to ensure the message gets across.
How can you despise free tickets and be thankful at the same time? I'm not whinging about free tickets, I was merely joining the dots. Maybe I was wrong to have a go at an un-named promoter on a music forum. How are those donuts form blah blah...............
Let me pass you a donut then since you're still going on about them.
Friday

Post by Friday »

factory worker wrote:it was all about irony. about 3 people understood the original post.

no promoter has been named - about 3 times I've indicated this aint about the plus one.. and I'm not trying to get into any gig for free. there sure is a lot of conflicting opinions and viewpoints.
can you please tell me, clearly and simply, without rambling, what is your point then?

just that 'it's ironic'. end of discussion?

why the hell is that worth starting a thread about?
factory worker wrote:i feel all warm and fuzzy know, just knowing that promoters "help" out media compaines - what a relevation. now why would a promoter bother to help out a media company - maybe they want something from the media company such as extra publicity, more column inches, front page photos etc. and why is there a plus one concept in place.
correct. there is no shame in the fact that there is some contra between a media outlet and a promoter. why shouldn't there be?

when advertising with inthemix you actually get a discount for giving them a reviewer and photographer ticket. as you should. promoters don't in my opinion get any gain from the review itself, the media outlet does. it's up to the media outlet to return the favour to the promoter.
factory worker wrote:How can you despise free tickets and be thankful at the same time?
i never said i despise free tickets. how can you despise an inanimate object like that? i said i despise the attitude that free tickets are expected. i would often throw a couple of extra free tickets to a promoter that had been working extra hard or a reviewer or media outlet that we felt were deserving or an industry seller who's birthday it was. my point is that it's at OUR DISCRETION. how we set our policy and run our business is our choice. i do not expect anything from another promoter and i don't like people to expect anything from us.
ArrBee

Post by ArrBee »

factory worker wrote:
Friday wrote:

OK so if you had a policy of not offering double comps for review or what ever. would you put your name to a party called double free comp or somethign simialr?

Is your problem the naming of a night, or promoter's policies not being inline with your own?
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Friday wrote:

can you please tell me, clearly and simply, without rambling, what is your point then?

just that 'it's ironic'. end of discussion?

why the hell is that worth starting a thread about?
factory worker wrote:i feel all warm and fuzzy know, just knowing that promoters "help" out media compaines - what a relevation. now why would a promoter bother to help out a media company - maybe they want something from the media company such as extra publicity, more column inches, front page photos etc. and why is there a plus one concept in place.
correct. there is no shame in the fact that there is some contra between a media outlet and a promoter. why shouldn't there be?

when advertising with inthemix you actually get a discount for giving them a reviewer and photographer ticket. as you should. promoters don't in my opinion get any gain from the review itself, the media outlet does. it's up to the media outlet to return the favour to the promoter.
factory worker wrote:How can you despise free tickets and be thankful at the same time?
i never said i despise free tickets. how can you despise an inanimate object like that? i said i despise the attitude that free tickets are expected. i would often throw a couple of extra free tickets to a promoter that had been working extra hard or a reviewer or media outlet that we felt were deserving or an industry seller who's birthday it was. my point is that it's at OUR DISCRETION. how we set our policy and run our business is our choice. i do not expect anything from another promoter and i don't like people to expect anything from us.
this started in another thread about advertising, so I moved it, speciofically cause it was a stick - and obvioiulsy this has nothign to do with advertising on melbourne beats. why the ehall are half the threads on MB.COm worth strating about - at least this was about somethign music related.

I was interested in peeps thoughts about this topic, and there have been some really interesting ones. Debate is healthy and generally this thread has been enlightening. Seems like I have been onto a good thing, maybe "lucky" even that my review skills were earning me two tickets instead of one.
Friday

Post by Friday »

factory worker wrote: this started in another thread about advertising, so I moved it, speciofically cause it was a stick - and obvioiulsy this has nothign to do with advertising on melbourne beats. why the ehall are half the threads on MB.COm worth strating about - at least this was about somethign music related.

I was interested in peeps thoughts about this topic, and there have been some really interesting ones. Debate is healthy and generally this thread has been enlightening. Seems like I have been onto a good thing, maybe "lucky" even that my review skills were earning me two tickets instead of one.
but can you please just tell me what your point is?

most topics on mb are started because the person who started them wants to tell people about something they are excited about, or ask other people for their opinions on something. but they normally have a point...

i don't see any point in what you have started other than shit stirring for the sake of shit stirring. it seems you want to 'debate' purely for the sake of it. i personally don't get the point...

in my opinion some of the things you have said have been very offensive to the community. putting down people's level of intelligence and ability to read and write. take a look back over your last post and have a little think about it... i count at least 8 spelling mistakes. i’m not normally the type of person to point the finger on something like this – just making a point that someone’s ability to spell doesn’t necessarily reflect on their intelligence and i think it’s very offensive for you to suggest it does.
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Friday wrote:
factory worker wrote: this started in another thread about advertising, so I moved it, speciofically cause it was a stick - and obvioiulsy this has nothign to do with advertising on melbourne beats. why the ehall are half the threads on MB.COm worth strating about - at least this was about somethign music related.

but can you please just tell me what your point is?

most topics on mb are started because the person who started them wants to tell people about something they are excited about, or ask other people for their opinions on something. but they normally have a point...

i don't see any point in what you have started other than shit stirring for the sake of shit stirring. it seems you want to 'debate' purely for the sake of it. i personally don't get the point...

in my opinion some of the things you have said have been very offensive to the community. putting down people's level of intelligence and ability to read and write. take a look back over your last post and have a little think about it... i count at least 8 spelling mistakes. i’m not normally the type of person to point the finger on something like this – just making a point that someone’s ability to spell doesn’t necessarily reflect on their intelligence and i think it’s very offensive for you to suggest it does.

I never once suggested spelling had anything to do with intelligence. Some of the remarks on here were very low-life and a few others noticed it. I'm not here to attack. I admit my spelling is pretty bad when I try to go to fast, technically thou you'd see there are from hitting the wrong key not form inability to spell the word correctly. anyhow I digress. My comments about intelligence were about people just jumping on and bashing ideas with no real understanding of the topic, unlike you Friday who have put forward some really valid points.

I did want to find out other people opinions, you're quite right. I didn't want to be told to get some tissues - I would of used the gripe thread if I had a gripe.

How many tiimes do I have to explain my original point. I was making a connection between a name of a party and an industry related concept.
You haven't told me if you would name a party after somethign simialr if you weren't prepared to offer up the goods?
Stray

Post by Stray »

Regardless of why Factory Worker started this thread it's been an interesting read.
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

im dumbfounded by this thread.

It seems to me that FW is suggesting that there is some ethical obligation on the part of the promoters to ensure that reviewers get looked after.

surely a promoter's decision about whether to give zero, 1, two, or twenty comp entrances to reviewers is just like any other decision they will make as far as their event goes - a commercial decision made by weighing up the economic benefit they can appropriate under their various alternatives.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
ArrBee

Post by ArrBee »

sneaky hands wrote:im dumbfounded by this thread.

It seems to me that FW is suggesting that there is some ethical obligation on the part of the promoters to ensure that reviewers get looked after.

surely a promoter's decision about whether to give zero, 1, two, or twenty comp entrances to reviewers is just like any other decision they will make as far as their event goes - a commercial decision made by weighing up the economic benefit they can appropriate under their various alternatives.

Nah,
It's begining to look more like the promoter has a responsibility to name their night in a way that reflects the actual goings on.
eg. Fractured should only let people with broken limbs in. :D
Last edited by ArrBee on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Stray wrote:Regardless of why Factory Worker started this thread it's been an interesting read.
:scr1pt:
mrj

Post by mrj »

ArrBee wrote:

Nah,
It's begining to look more like the promoter has a responsibility to name their night in a way that reflects the actual goings on.
Definitley. Furthermore......

Hard Kandy - Should only let people in with a sweet tooth
Sky Lounge - In return for frequent flier miles
Sunny - Won't be letting anyone in if they don't have a tan
Private Function - wont be letting anyone in at all from now on....
Tickled Pink - Only allow people in if they are laughing
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

mrj wrote:
ArrBee wrote:

Nah,

hahha

well I'll be going to Blazin' at Lounge off my head
and gloing to Anytime at Workshop when ever I feel like it.
ArrBee

Post by ArrBee »

Twister.... Bring your own twister mat.

Actually, that ones not a bad idea. Would make for some interesting dancing. LOL
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

Friday wrote: take a look back over your last post and have a little think about it... i count at least 8 spelling mistakes.
they arent really spelling mistakes tho are they?

hastey figers.

teh etc.

i think J is too smart for his own good. lol
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:
Friday wrote: take a look back over your last post and have a little think about it... i count at least 8 spelling mistakes.
they arent really spelling mistakes tho are they?

hastey figers.

teh etc.

i think J is too smart for his own good. lol
are we counting or spelling now? old skool huh?
Friday

Post by Friday »

i'm just pointing out that it's a little unfair to judge anyone and make assumptions about their level of intelligence (including f.w.'s) based on their spelling.

i'm sure he may be a smart guy... and that is just my point. i wouldn't think anything less of him for misspelling a word.

but making derogatory comments about people's intelligence based on their spelling (as he did!!) is i think very very low... :? and not really warranted in this discussion.
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

Friday wrote:i'm just pointing out that it's a little unfair to judge anyone and make assumptions about their level of intelligence (including f.w.'s) based on their spelling.

i'm sure he may be a smart guy... and that is just my point. i wouldn't think anything less of him for misspelling a word.

but making derogatory comments about people's intelligence based on their spelling (as he did!!) is i think very very low... :? and not really warranted in this discussion.
examples??
Friday

Post by Friday »

:?
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

munt beard wrote:
Friday wrote:i'm just pointing out that it's a little unfair to judge anyone and make assumptions about their level of intelligence (including f.w.'s) based on their spelling.

examples??
Friday wrote:
:?
reading and writing are comprehension related-
inadvertent key stroke mistakes are carlessness and trying to post responses at a million miles an hour.

I'm not stupid enough to bag out any typo's or for not using capital "I" and I wouldn't make assumptions about gender either.
TheOperatives

Post by TheOperatives »

i feel all warm and fuzzy know, just knowing that promoters "help" out media compaines - what a relevation. now why would a promoter bother to help out a media company - maybe they want something from the media company such as extra publicity, more column inches, front page photos etc. and why is there a plus one concept in place.

maybe we should have just called the party plus:ten, then we would have had problems.

Do you think extra publicity comes for free? Do you realise how much is spent on advertising?

Lame bro, real lame........ please pm me your editors name and contact, i would like to have a word.
ImageImage
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

factory_worker wrote:I should of put a question mark in there to reinforce it was a question not a statement.
:?:
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

TheOperatives wrote:

maybe we should have just called the party plus:ten, then we would have had problems.

Do you think extra publicity comes for free? Do you realise how much is spent on advertising?

Lame bro, real lame........ please pm me your editors name and contact, i would like to have a word.
you're going to have a bitch about how much publicity you've got from this thread? I had no idea about the night until this thread was created. now i'm pretty sure i'll be there...
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

TheOperatives wrote:

reread the whole thread. I think you've got it out of context like a lot of other people have jumped too conclusions. that quote is a response to Friday' comments. even the bible can be made to read hypocritically if you take excerpts out of it.

you can have all this mis-directed publicity on this thread for free bro. publicity comes in many forms - paind and unpaid - direct and indirect - but I aint a marketing major so I don't feel that qualified discussing the merits of publicity at a technical level.
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

bump.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

factory worker wrote: reading and writing are comprehension related-
inadvertent key stroke mistakes are carlessness and trying to post responses at a million miles an hour.

I'm not stupid enough to bag out any typo's or for not using capital "I" and I wouldn't make assumptions about gender either.
o.k then, so back up this shit with some evidence
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
nic

Post by nic »

so so wordy. good read though.

I find it to be a pleasnt ahlf way point between the Weird Thread and the Concentric Math thread.

you should write essays about raves Factory Worker. Proper ones.
nic

Post by nic »

factory worker wrote:

I'm beginning to think the reason this forum talks about donuts and simpsons quotes is cause half the peeps on here can't read and write properly.
What about writing something about the link between ^ and pinggggaaasshshhhzz?
deviant

Post by deviant »

OMG!!! THE PARTY IS CALLED PLUS::ONE BUT THEY WONT GIVE ME A "PLUS ONE" OMG OMG OMG THAT IS FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!!

I might start a MASSIVE POINTLESS ARGUMENT that descends into WHO IS SMARTER THAN WHO!!!! and is full of INSULTING COMMENTS and generally annoy people.

YAY!!!

btw, the example of a domain name etc etc, was a hypothetical situation, as I mentioned earlier a friend of mine used to get in free all over the place by pretending to be a photographer from ITM (he was quite smart in how he did this too).
mrj

Post by mrj »

munt beard wrote:
mrj wrote:
ArrBee wrote:
Nah,

hahha

well I'll be going to Blazin' at Lounge off my head
and gloing to Anytime at Workshop when ever I feel like it.
Yep.

Gimme a Break - people will only be allowed in on presentation of a letter from their employer showing that they are currently on annual leave.

The Late Show - Only David Letterman look alikes ( a suit and gappy teeth will do)

Rollin Deep - Entry is free if you somersault in through the door wearing one of those diving bell suits
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.