Expose Yourself.

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
witty_pseudonym

Expose Yourself.

Post by witty_pseudonym »

A friend of mine lives on the corner of a major road in Carlton and they have a lot of problems with taggers messing up their walls despite constant efforts to deter them. They are at the point now where they are willing to offer the space (and it's quite a large, well exposed one), to someone with some creative flare and are handy with the old spray can or paint brush.

This is not something that they will pay for, or supply materials for, which admittedly makes it a bit of a long shot. They also want to see some sort of evidence that you have some skill, so just a few drawings/paintings etc., and they will probably want to come up with a design together. I see it as more of an opportunity to get your stuff out there legally and do it for the love of the art, not the dollar.

So if this sounds like your, or someone you knows, cup of cha, shoot me a PM and I’ll pass on your details.

:D
Hardy

Re: Expose Yourself.

Post by Hardy »

witty_pseudonym wrote:I see it as more of an opportunity to get your stuff out there legally and do it for the love of the art, not the dollar.

Hmmm, don't know exactly how 'legal' that is. Do the own the place?
I'm no lawyer so correct me if i'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they'd also need council approval for it. At any rate, Who gives a shit, cool idea. Doubt it will stop taggers though.
witty_pseudonym

Hardy wrote:
witty_pseudonym wrote:I see it as more of an opportunity to get your stuff out there legally and do it for the love of the art, not the dollar.

I'm no lawyer so correct me if i'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they'd also need council approval for it. At any rate, Who gives a shit, cool idea. Doubt it will stop taggers though.
i'm not sure to be honest. I doubt they'd need council approval if it's on private property, regardless of it's exposure.

might be something they should look into come to think of it.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

witty_pseudonym wrote:
Hardy wrote:

i'm not sure to be honest. I doubt they'd need council approval if it's on private property, regardless of it's exposure.
Not necessarily. While it doesn't cover all areas, many areas are subject to laws that govern the appearance of residential and commercial areas and streets, privately owned or not.
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

Yeah, I'll do it.
I got paint and crayons.
deviant

Post by deviant »

you would definately need council approval. You should write a proposal that states that there is a huge tagging problem (councils hate this), giving exposure to artists that would otherwise do "illegal" graph, dah dah dah.

You may also have to pay for the permit
lynt

Post by lynt »

Hardy wrote:

Yeah, who gives a shit. :)

Tash, any one from NiceProduce will be willing, I'm sure. I'll ask the lads.
witty_pseudonym

lynt wrote:
Hardy wrote:

champion!! :D :smt038
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

hrmmm sounds interesting, please tell us how it goes

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I don't understand why if it was private property you would need any approval. If you did I would say that we have crossed a line and society is now offically fucked.

Witty, if you don't find anyone PM me.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

if its in plain public viewing then the government could get iffy, but more of a question, how are they going to keep the taggers off /after/ its been done? im sure theres some little shit out there who would love to ruin a nice piece of artwork

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

So long as you have written permission from the property owner, you only need council permission if its within view of a train line.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

lynt wrote:
Hardy wrote:

get monkey
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

cha_chaos wrote:if its in plain public viewing then the government could get iffy, but more of a question, how are they going to keep the taggers off /after/ its been done? im sure theres some little shit out there who would love to ruin a nice piece of artwork
of course, but the idea is to have someone good enough that most people have the respect not to damage. But then agian, there will always be some little wannabe with no respect.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

^^^indeed my point, damn those b-atches, its definately still worth it tho

same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

you can get shit to paint on ur fences and stuff where paint just dont stick to the surface i belive.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

ooooh interesting... i wonder why doesnt the government use that?

same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

cha_chaos wrote:ooooh interesting... i wonder why doesnt the government use that?
$$$$$$$
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

BammBamm wrote:So long as you have written permission from the property owner, you only need council permission if its within view of a train line.
i dont actually think thats true anymore, thanks to the new graffitti policy brought in by john so.

part of the new legislation states that even property owners, who commission someone to paint thier walls, can have their walls buffed and then get sent the bill for this!!!

yes, its totally fucked. (can you swear on this forum?? hehehe)

someone from the nice produce crew might be up for it, but i think monkey is waiting for his comin up solo show to unleash some new styles...
post on stencilrevolution if your game.....
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

sAme'0 wrote:
cha_chaos wrote:ooooh interesting... i wonder why doesnt the government use that?
$$$$$$$
yeah in the end tho it would probably be cheaper, seen as they have to repaint every surface so many times *shrug*

botias

Post by botias »

im pretty sure infact certin you dont need to get shit from the council alot of my mates paint legal walls and dont get and approval from the council

but then again the government has fucked graff up a fair bit lately
10mo
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

botias wrote:im pretty sure infact certin you dont need to get shit from the council alot of my mates paint legal walls and dont get and approval from the council

but then again the government has fucked graff up a fair bit lately
Yoo wot?
witty_pseudonym

thought i'd just throw this back up here to see if there was anyone keen at all?

my mate asked about it over the weekend, so just checking. :D