33&1/3 NYD '06 Breakbeat BBQ - here it is!!

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

Brain wrote:
lilstormer wrote: Enforcers (mmm scratchalicious)
:script: Enforcers rocked it big time.
Always do.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
ATP

Post by ATP »

JoyRiderz did it for me :)
mecka

Post by mecka »

I tink stovequeen and ATP are going to have to have a battle for the right to use the A Clockwork Orange av. Not that any good would come out of it, but i'm sure it would amuse somebody.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

mecka wrote:I tink stovequeen and ATP are going to have to have a battle for the right to use the A Clockwork Orange av. Not that any good would come out of it, but i'm sure it would amuse somebody.
I changed for you :D
mecka

Post by mecka »

yay jacks back!
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

quiet roar wrote:
Brain wrote:
lilstormer wrote: Enforcers (mmm scratchalicious)
:script: Enforcers rocked it big time.
Always do.
:D Awwwww....... cheers guys!

Blueprint and drummer rocked it for me!
JoyRiderz

Post by JoyRiderz »

ATP wrote:JoyRiderz did it for me :)
*werd - thanks dude!

Much fun was had by all :!:
http://www.myspace.com/joyriderz1
=========================
Australian Breakbreat Community
http://www.llupa.com/abc.swf
=========================
Planet Awave - Music is art. Technology is the tool
http://www.awave.com.au
lynt

Post by lynt »

:script:

The crowd made the day again. I had such an awesome time, everyone was having it! Love this town. Thanks for all the kind comments people :D
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

lynt wrote:Someone please post the photos of Glenny Chicken and ADD_Boy with the tshirt twist tie action happening :lol:
i filmed it on my phone, it will be up here next week, when I get home :)
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

I remember this one, it was a particularly hard mix, but I think I nailed it

:teef:

I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Jonny_G

Post by Jonny_G »

well just got back to my home state after the trip over for this event!

..aaand i thought damn that was a good party i should sign up and congratulate those involved in its creation.
managed to get to it last year and this year the venue was a bunch different

anyways highlights for me were, Fresh & Shimon, especially liked the remix of another planet and the fresh masochist/the tide tune! a bunch of other tunes played really made me wanna dance, couldnt help but notice the dominating sounds of pendulum and subfocus :lol: by both guys

Had to leave the gershwin room to get some air and catch splitloop! as others here have commented i expected to see both but was impressed with what i saw anyway. More highlights included Dom from Stantons and the remix of Girlz :twisted: :shock: so good!

More props to Kombat Bass who i was well impressed with, when we gonna see you cats in tassie? also JPS and Sean brilliant as always, and finally Kier and Seven ( i think it was you i met in DMC on friday), kinda wanted to leave but these guys kept me in the room for their whole set, the double drop Lost Once/Voodoo people rmx!? i think it was you guys!

Anyway much respect to all involved and for having such an great nyd party

p.s. any photos of the tennis couple?

Jon
Scotrod

Post by Scotrod »

I know I'm a bit late getting onto this thread but I just want to express how much fun this whole day was. I remember going to the first 33 1/3 at the Espy and pretty much hating it. It felt over packed, hot, sweaty...etc..
And to be honest, I wouldn't have gone this year if we weren't playing because of those reasons. I WAS SO WRONG!!!!
It just had the best of everything. The venue now kicks ass, and the vibe of the overall party was fantastic. It felt like I crammed a week of partying in one day. One minute I'm catching up with everyone and cheering to blueprint, the next we're performing and having a ball, next thing I'm watching Ils, then I'm having a hamburger in the kitchen, then I'm dancing to a kick ass Kombat Bass set next to some chick in her undies, now all of the sudden I'm dancing to Dom B, bumping into more people, then I'm chilling in an outdoor cafe, then I'm dancing in a little dungeon room to some more mates, then I'm overlooking the stars on the beach......
ALL IN ONE DAY!!!!!
Agent Mad - you seriously supplied Melbourne's Breaks/D&B crews with everything they could wish for. Much respect.

But there is one thing that has been niggling at me......
I want to see Andy Smith and DJ Panfa from the Merrick and Rosso show in the same room together.

Think about it.......BANG!!!!:lol:
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

DJ PANFA - BANG!!!!!
fikuss

Post by fikuss »

Scotrod wrote:then I'm dancing to a kick ass Kombat Bass set next to some chick in her undies..
shit i totally forgot about that. heheh.

one minute i'm standing up on stage having a mix and the next minute i'm telling fenton "fuck i think there's a chick down there who is dancing around in her undies!!!!"

what a classic.
Riz-One

Post by Riz-One »

Jonny_G wrote: p.s. any photos of the tennis couple?

Jon
mmm humh, yep, yep, mmm humh.

ATP

Post by ATP »

stovequeen wrote:
mecka wrote:I tink stovequeen and ATP are going to have to have a battle for the right to use the A Clockwork Orange av. Not that any good would come out of it, but i'm sure it would amuse somebody.
I changed for you :D
Does that mean I get the rights to use him as an avatar? I did once dress up as Alex and walk around melbourne for a night! :roll:
I'm a quiet poster anywho
mecka

Post by mecka »

ha... I just remembered ... did anybody else notice that Shimon and Fresh opened with exactly the same tune for both of their sets (Pendulum - Blood Sugar, which everybody seems to be caning at the moment)?
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

meance wrote:Image

:lol: :lol:
:smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

i know its like 15 days later, but hey....

what a fricken awesome party!!!! Shimon is now my new god, gold tune after gold tune. seriously i needed air but couldn't leave the dancefloor. Rux before that played some nice jungle on his closing which was wikkid! Fresh was good but i just wasn't feeling it, so off on an adventure our little posse did go....

Lyntos you played a tops set matey, saw about 1/2 of it or something. saw the start to Stantons but the crowd was too much for me and i had to bail...and thankfully i did cos i got to see the delightful Miss Dust, and then the KB boys before retreating outside to relax. i think i got that all in order :?

anyhoo, radness to see everyone...and i mean EVERYONE!!!! MB crew rocks it hard, love it!

Ollie you are a champ and i was glad i was there when you needed someone. NHD i loves to party with ya babe. It was great to meet you Ticka if not briefly.

and to my gorgeous Elly, i am absolutely wrapped you were there with me, love ya work :wink: :D 8) :D

and to the one like Miss Lucie, massive hats off goes to you girl for a stellar party 8) :D 8)
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

Citizen Smif wrote:How much is it on the door?

Anyone got an extra +1?
think you've missed the boat on that one mate....
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
elysium

Post by elysium »

ahhh! Flashback! :smt007 Man that was a rad party...
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...